Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Car can spike to 12psi , beeps, cuts, teeth smash, the whole bit lol. Currently only running a 2.25" turbo back exhaust.

Bought a Probe LX on Tuesday, so the 626 will just stay parked for a while...probably save up for microsquirt.

This post is a little odd to me. Are you running a boost controller?

If you set the boost to say.. 10.. can you fully drive the vehicle then? No issues with full throttle?

My car drove fine as long as I kept it below the 12 psi. If I raised the boost then when I hit high psi it would cut out.

Now your issue may be chip related, as I don't know what else that particular chip does. Does the car beep at you when it cuts out?

Based on your post im feeling like you do have a large boost leak.

I got my chip from goodchildren. Purchased from ebay, but was dealing with him over the forum here. Nothing was resolved, didn't feel like asking for my money back either. idk. Car is parked now anyways lol couldn't go more than 2/3 throttle without it cutting on me. Kinda made the car unpredictable to drive. Life I guess

·
Registered
527 Posts
Still having this dang issue. Runs fine at 10/11psi. Then intermittently cuts after 12psi. Partial throttle/tire spin seems to be fine, but when load is applied she will cut! It gets worse when I have a passenger too?!?

Does this make sense to anyone? The seller of the chip said it might be in backwards...but I'm not sure if that's the case? How would I know?? Car runs perfectly other than the fuel cut.

Trying to sell the car, so the fuel cut really isn't optimal lol

21 - 22 of 22 Posts