Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i wanted to know how to get rid of the fuel/boost cut, do i need a wired in fuel cut defender or do i need a vac line fuel cut defender, also where do i wire it into, or where do i hook up the vac line? thanks

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
An FCD would work if you could get your hands on one or find Woo and get one of his chips installed :)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Don't bother with an FCD just get a Woo's modded ECU, sure it's not cheap and cheerful like an EPROM swap but it's the best value tune you can get for your OZ delivered MX6.

If you are set on the hack mods then there is no vac line that you can cut as the "fuel cut" is based on the VAF flapper, not boost level.
There are ways to hack mod your VAF so that the cut is not triggered.
Or an FCD can work if you get the right model.

But they're called hack mods for a reason!

The stock ignition tune of the MX6 is very unforgiving to a lean out condition.
The stock timing is so advanced that anything over 11:1 A/F on a stock setup can cause detonation.

Whereas MX6's running a Woo's modded ECU have shown to run safely at much nicer A/F ratios.
Unfortunately Sabbai's car is the best example of this and AFAIK he did not have a dyno plot with A/F ratio.
But his best dyno does show 170wkw (228whp) on a completely stock fuel system.
Which is a little better than what he should have (theoretically) been able to get with 330cc injectors.

And a shizzle load better then any hack modded stock fuel system could ever do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts