Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im changing out my fuel filter - how do i relieve the fuel pressure so i dont spray fuel all over myself ?

thanks

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
if its like the first gen cars, what you do is start the car, then disconnect the power to the fuel pump, then when the car stalls, the system should not be under pressure, and can safely change the filter

reconnect the power to the fuel pump, and start the car, and you should be good!

-meaty

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow haha this was the fastest reply i've ever recieved :) haha

thanks for the info - makes sense - i'll try it tomorrow (its dark now doh!)

thanks!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Best thing to do it find and temporarily remove the fuel pump relay. Then remove the gas cap from your tank. Start the car and wait till it dies. When you remove the stock fuel filter, it will still have fuel in it so make sure you have plenty of rags around it so that you can catch the excess fuel. You really don't want fuel splattered all around the inside of your engine bay cause it gets kinda hot in there and you don't want any surprises.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good call on the rags :) i got a little surprise when i changed my tranny fluid filter - lol.. my face was the rag that time... so i dont want to play around when it comes to flammable stuff. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
one more advice

It may help to relieve pressure in a fuel tank by sticking a screwdriver in the fuel filling hole.:cool:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Whare the Fluck is the fuel filter ??…I’ve had a blumen good look and can’t find it!!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Under the crusie control unit on the AUS model.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Is that why I cant see the little bugger. Ill have another look Minyama.
Thanks silver you ledge :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts