Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 MX6 LS 2.5L V6.... now if I'm not mistaken they come with around 15 gallon tanks.

My fuel gauge will read near empty so I'll go to fill it up, but I'm only getting about 7 or 8 gallons. How would I go about to find out what could be wrong?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mine does the same. Shows empty, light comes on and I only get to fill up 35litres (9.5 gallons). and then it still shows only 3/4 full. I can never get to the full tank mark on the gauage.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
this problem you's are having is prob due to the shit sender unit they have installed in this car one of the worse i have come across up and down all over the place you live on a hill you got more petrol than you think provided you are facing the car on the right slope :).
And for you's that don't know what a sender unit is, it's a device that is fitted inside the petrol tank and when fuel is put in, it has a bob weight on an arm that moves when the petrol is pouring in,it then make's an electirc circut and once made, your gauge should tell you whats in there.
But like i said it don't seem to good a unit in there so you could have it checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts