Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a question. I am going to replace my fuel pump. I need one anyway, and since I just plain want to I'm gonna do it. If you've read my other thread on here you know of my current problem. Well, maybe this'll fix it, maybe not, I don't really care. Well, I do, but if it doesn't work that's fine, it's just one less thing I gotta buy here soon anyway. I would like to know if any of you could give me some insight as to a good bolt-on replacement for my stock fuel pump. I've never done one before, but FMI (for my info) where is the damn thing? Is it in the tank? Anyway, I was running 12psi until a day before the car decided to quit running. It's either an air intake or a fuel delivery problem. I've pretty much ruled out the air part since I ave exasperated almost every option there. I want a good pump that should be able to handle around 16-17psi, since that seems to be what everyone says the stock internals can handle. Motor has been rebuilt, but I don't know with what or how strongly, so I'm just gonna assume it's stock for safety reasons. I've heard maybe an RX7 one, from the 93-95 cars. I know Venom makes one, but it's only good for up tp 300hp. Now don't get me wrong, that's a lot, but knowing me it won't be enough in less than a year. So, I would rather stick my money into a good one for up to maybe 400-500hp. I prefer an in-tank unit due to ease of install, but if there just is nothing out there I guess I'll go with an external, but only as a last choice. Also, any good injectors out there? Once again, I've heard the MKIII Supra ones fit right in? Anyone have any experience with that? Maybe other injectors? Here again Venom makes some for the car, I just don't know how good they are. Anyone know? Thanks for your insight/help, I'll be thinking of all you once I get this car done and start beatin up anything that wants to race me. I had fun whoopin Honda's, Acura's, and an occassional"Stang GT before I did whatever I did to the car.

G

·
walbro

check out the walbro fuel pumps
i know a lot of guys here have gone with them
they are high flow, not sure exactly how high of boost these pumps can support, but i imagine it handles 16 psi fine

·
Registered
512 Posts
I bet the reason your car isn't running is one of the hoses blew off or broke open. If you goto start your car and it like starts for a second and then shuts off its the lines. disconnect the MAF from the intake hose and put somethink to hold it about 1/2 inch open. If you can start your car then. Well a hose if your problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts