Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well the pump relay started clicking yesterday and the car would at times bog almost like a miss. I changed the relay today and its still clickin and boggin. Now at times its fast and then it clicks slow. Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
jump the fuel pump connector under the hood and see if it stops. if it does its your vaf or vaf connector most likely.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine does that too! Does it sound like its coming from the rear? Can you please explain a little more on the "jump the fuel pump connector"... as in directions?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
id take pics, but i cut it off my harness :lol:

there's a two wire plug over by the green self test connector. jump from one side to the other and it will make the fuel pump turn on anytime the car is in the on/start position.

·
Registered
437 Posts
lol, I dont think I have a "green" connector. I looked on the drivers side and I didnt see one? Could it be another color? I have a empty "white" one...?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm not positive of the amount of prongs.... but yes! Dont tell me someone jacked my electronic suspension components.... please. I only know what I have by what is left.... :( I think I have one on the left too! "I think".

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
the electronic suspension ones are 4 wire i believe. same corner though, its attached to the harness that runs to the coil and vaf.

·
Registered
437 Posts
wow, I was almost upset on that one! The wiring on this car is butchered! So what if it is 2 prong? I am interested to know?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah, that's identical! just not as neat! lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
lol, You guys are great! My wife gets so pissed cause I will read this forum for hours at a time, and the answers that you get from the information you read help out a lot! I really appreciate it! And sometimes the little spats between the different moderators kill me!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I looked throught some wiring diagrams last night and traced that it grounds thru the VAF and the pump. Checked VAf connector and it was loose, not enough to cause the sensor to take inaccurate readings but not enough to ground the relay.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was looking for the white wire and I found a white wire right next to the special green one. AND.... I did have the special suspension before because I DO have the "4" prong white plugs and no electronic strut tower, Somebody had there way with my car before I got her... :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
lol, I don't have ABS either!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts