Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has the Fuse Box Cover for the engine compartment please help me out. I need to know which relay is for the fuel pump. Please respond A.S.A.P.

Trevis

·
Registered
806 Posts
Its the one for the fuel injectors. Replacing your fuel filter? I too looked for that damned fuse too, not one of them said fuel pump though. Ahhh memories....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I can't figure out why my car jumps like it is doing. At lower speads when I accelerate it will start to hop like there is no fuel going to it or something. So by deductive reasoning I figured there was something wrong with the fuel pump or fuel filter. I don't know which though. I might take it somewhere and have them look at it and give me the jist of what is wrong and then work on it myself.

Trevis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey raven did u ever find out the reason behind the hopping. I feel that my car is doing the same thing. Only during first and second. Let me know the price and prob. Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
same problem yesterday, but still doesn't work

I had the same problem yesterday when trying to replace the fuel filter! I couldn't find the "Fuel pump relay". I tried taking out the "fuel injector" relay but the car wouldn't start. Don't I need to have that in to start the car? Is there a way to just take the relay out for the pump?

I'm confused...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Oh O. was i suppose to do something with that fuel pump relay. I just switched out my fuel filter with a new one. Is that OK?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah...thats fine, but if youre curious as to why fuel sprayed all over when you disconnected it, thats why...

ITS THE GREEN ONE... if you dont have a green one, let me konw, ill go tell you which one it is...

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is the Green one in the upper right corner.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Joe_silver93 said:
It is the Green one in the upper right corner.
meaning the rear driver side...

·
Registered
131 Posts
won't start

the car won't start with this relay out.. am I doing something wrong?

Alex

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
... how long after you pulled the relay did you try to start it?

you might have a small fuel leak or your FPR needs to be replaced...

·
Registered
806 Posts
The procedure is to start the car....then pull the fuel filter relay so the car cuts out and the fuel pretty much clears the fuel line. That way you don't have gas pouring all over the place when you replace it. You can replace the filter without doing this, just keep a rag for sopping and maybe a small can to catch some gas in.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I pulled out several and then tried starting the car, and the thing wouldn't start until I pulled out the green one, and it died shortly after like the manual said it would. Too bad they didn't tell me which one it is, I had to experiment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts