Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a after market fuel pump installed? is there any benifit of doing this? wouldnt the car benifit from getting more fuel? is there any replacement injectors/fuel rails out there? i would like to make my n/a as powerful as i can. it would be nice to get smokin joe's 158 hp, but for real this time.

·
Registered
711 Posts
check out RCEng.com for injectors. My friend has some in a supra and loves them. They will be in my car soon.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm not sure. I will be doing a total upgrade, all at once. I don't know if they help by themselves. Would guess it would, at least some.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just like any mod, if it says 10 count on 2 at the most.
ten 2 hp mods makes 20 ponies, 20 ponies is a enough to notice.
but i would think having a ram air set up, and more fuel, would in thought create more power. just as long as it wasnt to much fuel.

·
Registered
666 Posts
No, I don't think just upgrading injectors will increase performance. You can't burn extra fuel without extra air coming in. That's the whole purpose of forced induction/nitrous. If you were upgrading a turbo and pushing more boost than before, you might need more fuel to keep from running lean, which is BAD. But, if you're not pushing anymore air than before, than the extra fuel would just go out the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i'm with texas on this one
you'd need more oxygen before the computer would call for more fuel
unless you've all ready got the turbo and you're turning up the boost, i'd save the injectors/pump for later

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are a lot of things you would need to do to an N/A before needing bigger injectors. My turbo has the J-spec and at 17psi I was still in the safe zone (not lean) at that psi with the stock injectors. I am using everything stock in the fuel dilervery system. I have a Supra TT fuel pump to put in and the FPR I ordered (thanks Raw Power!) but I have had no problems yet. used a DVOM to calculate how rich or lean I am running, and so far, so good:)
BTW, Paeco offers a 2.2 N/A with 229hp for $7500, sounds like a damn fast car, hehe

[Edited by Wayman on 03-11-2001 at 01:46 AM]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts