Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Water Pump

Can anyone please give me a clear discription on how to change a water pump and possibly the timing nelt. My water pump is leaking!

Please Please Please

·
Registered
621 Posts
The timing belt (at least on the v6) is a 4 hour job for a qualified mechanic (I know I just had it done)... You sure you want to do this yourself Nathan???

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Timing Belt

If it is a 2.2L 12v tx5 i maybe able to help with the timing belt anyway because i did mine today. It took me and my old man about 3 hours to do it, but i think it could have been done in about 1.5hours if we had more of an idea what we were doing. The timing belt itself is not so hard.. so if it is this car, email me for more info.

A

·
0 Posts
well i spoke to my mechanic today - and also the guy i work with (mechanic aswell) - both reckon the timing belt should take no more then an hour on the mx6 - virtually the same as your tx5 - so allow for the fact they know alot more then us - and they have a hoist (damn handy) - should take about 3 hours - and looks to be damn simple...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doing the big job (water pump and timing and cam) on sunday, is there any special things i should know?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts