Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK after changing my valve cover gaskets my car has been idling very bad. I finally found out what it was and i was leaking fuel from my fuel rail bolt. I tightend it as much as i could, and its still leaking a bit, not as much but a tad. I took it out and screwed it again and it still didnt work. Still leaking a bit. What can i use to stop the leaking??? Any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I bet when you took out the bolt initially, you failed to see tht there is washer in between the head of the bolt and the part that it gets connected to. Check to see if you have this washer. Most likely you lost it or never saw it when you took it out. In any case, you need this washer if not you will leak fuel. I wouldn;t drive your car if it's leaking fuel from the fuel rail banjo bolt. If you do, take a fire extinguisher with you at all times. Go to Mazda and pick up an new one.

If you still have the washer in place. Then I have no idea why yuou would be leaking fuel from there.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, yeah i guess when i took out the bolt the washers dropped. They were just chilling a few inches below.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think the Haynes manual is pretty clear about having new copper washers for when you remove the fuel rail. Good luck finding the part! I ended up ordering mine from a Ford dealer (Probe GT parts). There are actually two copper washers in there, but they're identical. Hopefully you'll be able to get them pretty quickly.

Tyson

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey MTS i just bought them at Pep Boys, there made for the banjo bolt.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Aah you're lucky. I live in a small town; we don't have a Pep Boys. The closest thing is AutoZone, and they don't even know what an MX-6 is. (the dealer hardly does) There's only three in town!

Tyson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts