Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 MX6 GE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Fuel gauge not working so guessing it is the sender unit in the tank. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement in Australia please? Thanks 1994 MX6

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is a very interesting topic for me. Not only is my fuel gauge not working (goes all over the place, shows empty when half full tank), but the fuel tank gives odd symptoms. I fill up and have no problems until about 8 gallons remain. Then first start in the morning, it takes about 8 seconds before starting.....seems like fuel starvation. After that it runs fine all day. Any answer for that let me know. I am thinking the fuel pump didn't get installed properly when it was replaced, but it worked fine for 2 years. And now both of these symptoms together lead me to believe the problem is coming from the fuel tank.

·
Registered
1994 MX6 GE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have now managed to locate a fuel tank with both senders in them (yes there are two apparently) so hoping that will fix the fuel gauge problem

·
Registered
1994 MX6 GE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am pretty sure there is only 1 fuel sending unit inside the fuel tank.
You could be correct, it was just that previous owner advised me to get bot the tank senders so, will see and post back once i have the tank , not with my car atm so cannot check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts