Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Fuel & Temp Gages

1K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  mrbill3317 
G
#1 ·
My 1990 Mx-6 GT gages are not working. I took out the instument panel & put in another one. When I go to turn on the car on the temp gage goes right to the middle and my gas gage doen't go up or down. I'm thinking it's a ground cable.I just don't know which one to check.Can anyone help me? Also when I changed the instument panel I didn't disconect the battery. Should I disconect and reconect the battery to see if the gages work?

#2 ·
Make sure the plugs in the back have a good connection, even take them off and re-insert them, maybe when you pulled it out you created a short. Maybe the "new" one is bad.

G
#3 ·
fuel & temp gage

When I had the other instument panel in the gas gage was stuck on full. The temp gage was working but the fuel wasn't. Now when I put the new panel in the both of them don't work. On our cars I know that the fuel gage is supoosed to go down when you turn it off.

G
#4 ·
I've had the same problem on my 90DX. I installed a dash a few months ago and the temp and fuel guages haven't worked since. Interstingly though, the "low fuel" light still functions as it should, so I've been able to put off this problem for awhile (never had overheating issues since replacing radiator.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.