Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got my car dyno tuned since it was using up too much fuel. i just want to check what fuel consumption other people on the board have. It is a 2.5l v6 mx6 manual. I am currently getting around 400km per tank. What do other people get per tank? (if you only have the reading in miles per tank that's fine, I'll convert it later)

Thanks!

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
My average mileage is about 230-240 miles per tank. That is somewhere around 370-400 kms. We have metric system in here too but my car is imported from US so I have miles in my gauge...
Yea, I'm a bit concerned about the mileage too but it seems to be pretty normal like this, I guess...
Mici

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
There was a good thread on this about a month or two ago where a lot of people replied saying their miles per tank. Do a search.

Tyson

·
Registered
123 Posts
I get between 550-600km per tank. I have no Idea why I get such good mileage but I do. Just yesterday I clocked 542km and the needle was just below quater tank, the car took 47 liters to fill. So I got 542 km on 47 liters of gas. Proablly could have stretched it to around 600... :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi guys. thanks for the replies. i would just like to find out what the gauge shows for anyone out there with a 2.5l v6 manual, with 17" wheels either 40 or 45 profile tyres (since wheels size affects both speed and distance reading)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
is your CEL on. maybe you have bad o2 sensors, causeing you to run rich. thus using more fuel!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shawn...that's pretty good mileage...

I only get near that type of mileage if I run 95% highway. Driving in dowtown toronto doesn't help mileage either. However it seems either you have a bigger fuel tank or your sensors are calibrated differently....because it takes about 46L to fill my tank after the Low Fuel light comes on. I think by spec though the fuel tank is close to 60L...can someone verify?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I have the 2.5l v6 manual. it is a 60l tank, and as with yours the fuel light comes one at around 46-48l used. I have been driving lately about 70% highway a 30% quiet suburbs. I am still getting only about 330km until the light comes on, and that after a dynotune. I will definitely get those 02 sensor checked, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hard to tell what I get on a tank, because my gas gauge reads 1/4 tank below what it actually is. But from what I have figured out, I have gotten 20 - 23 mi per gallon. I do mostly highway driving, but I drive my car kind of hard.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Dont stress 370-400 kms per tank is the going amount of fuel consumtion for a 2.5ltr 2nd Gen

I do the same....If I use a higher octane fuel I get up to 420km per tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts