Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling this is going to be painful to the old wallet, but the six is in need of a bit more than TLC. She's covered in scratches and one very annoying ding. The paint doesn't look great close up either, despite what feels like gallons of AutoGlym.
Any ideas what a full respray will set me back and any advice would be most welcome. I know it's gonna be a lot but I could be T-Cutting it for the rest of my life and still get nowhere.
The most annoying this is it was spotless when I bought it a year or so ago and to my recolection none of the scratches are my fault.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What colour is your car mate?

are you gonna spray it the same colour or go for something really fancy?

(i'd go for deep black if I could choose)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's currently Noble Green Mica or in most lights, dark blue

As for what colour i'd go with, well, prob stay stock because I do really like it at the moe, but I may do something fancy if funds allow.

EDIT - A grand was what I was thinking, I was rather hoping you'd suprise me.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I've done quite a bit of reasearch into this as I'm getting mine done in the new year along with MS body kit. Stuzzer knows a guy who runs a company called MARC in Melton Mowbray and he's quoted me the following guidelines.

£200 per day labour
£200 for paint & materials

Now, my rear quarters need around a days work alone, the roof, bonnet need rubbing down and a simple respray. The boot will need need holes welding and debadging and new holes made for the new spoiler. The spoiler needs some minor repairs and spraying and the side skirts need respraying. The front lip will need primer and paint and both front rear bumpers will be resprayed too.

In fact, the oly panels that don't require any work are the wings and doors... But I might get them done anyway to complete the car... get rid of those tiny door dings.

I might also get him to shoot 2 coats of clear for a little extra protection against scratches and the elements as my car is usually parked outside.So you could probably and another £50-75 onto the cost of paint.

He also quoted me £100 to do a boot delock and fit a release inside the car.

I'm expecting that lot to total around £1200, more if I go for some other customised bits and pieces. I'm just over halfway there allready and shold ahve the rest saved by early Jan... I'm hoping it will go in for the work late Jan early Feb... or perhaps leave it until April and have it ready for Japfest... Would allow me to save the extra and get the engine mods done for some extra power and add some bling under the bonnet. :)

If you change the colour of the car, then you can almost double that unless you don't want the engine bay, underside of bonnet and boot done aswell... To do that, the car should really be totally stripped back to the shell and only essentials left on it... like some axles and wheels... Everything else should be stripped... by you before it goes to paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts