Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Fully Restored "71" Chevy Nova {Teaser}

This is my gf's late father's car. Wish i could've had the chance to meet him before he went. He was a serious car fanatic as well as a perfectionist. God rest his soul. And now to the cleanist Chevy Nova i've ever seen [ Its been garaged for years, so there is a lil dust ]

And now to the pics. Hope you all enjoy. I'll be with my gf at car shows with this awesome machine.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
"71" ?

Looks good Jason

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's almost too nice to take it to the drag strip. So i guess we'll never know how fast it is. But I'll be sure to get it out to car shows ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
damn thats cool. reminds me of my gf step dad

i was waiting for my gf to get ready to go to the movies, i knew her step dad used to be a mechanic but thats about it. so i was bored and looking around i saw like 20 car trophys, i couldnt tell what they were for; so when she got down i asked her,
"hey babe what are all the car trophys?"
"oh those are from my step dads car"
"oh what car did he used to have?"
"he has a 71 442, and its in the garage."
"WHAT!?!"

ha

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be sure to update this in a month or so when we take the car out of it's cell for the summer. This car looks like it just rolled off the assembly line!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
We use to have a 74 Nova with a 350, i miss that car.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yea this car i believe has a built 350 swapped in it. I believe the trans has been beefed up as well. I'll be sure to get some vids, and engine bay shots.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
whoah, that car reminds me of my old '72 Chevelle. LOL
Talk about a trip down memory lane. Looks good! 4 wheel disc conversion?
ah never mind, I see rear drums there.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And please excuse my spelling. I just noticed i made serveral grammatical errors.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I love the old muscle cars! my dad's buddy has a 68 Charger all done up for track only and he had it dynoed last year and it was running a little over 900 hp... he took me for a spin on the back road they live on and that thing is SCARY fast! I loved it!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
my buddy has a 78 nova currently has a stockish 350 in it. (last 2 motors have been built 350s, and before that was a big block that had the car in the 10's) He loves the car to death but he sure has a knack for blowing it up.

They're fun cars for sure and when they're in good shape they're awesome looking

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Aaaahhhhhhhu

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Nice car, that gen nova is the first car I ever worked on as a kid.

It was my grandpas at the time and I can still remember drilling a hole in the trunk for a CB antena lol

It was tan in and out with a bench seat and I6 engine, it was also quite rusty and had been passed around the family for a couple years before.

When he died the car got towed impounded then crushed :(

I'm glad your getting such a positive response from this forum, when I presented my Pontiac T/A last year I got flack for it and one member even inferred that I didnt belong in a Mazda if I also enjoyed domestic cars :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea, I figured some of you guys might have wanted to see a Mint Nova. I can't wait to put the pedal to the metal in that :p

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here COmes The MotherLoad!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

1 - 20 of 29 Posts