Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one night, not too long ago, my buddy and i were headed home after the bar, and we pulled up beside this civic at a stop light. with just a glance i could tell that this guy had put some time and money into his car, but i thought i would let him know that he had a ways to go before he can play with the big boys. the light turned green, and the civic turned into a speck in my rear view mirror. i figured that he wasn't racing. he was way back there. i didn't think anything else about it. then, a few nights later, my buddy and i took our girlfriends out to see the fast and the furious. after the show there was this really slick litte civic racing around the parking lot. we were standing out by our cars and this guy comes flying up, stops and rolls down his window. "did you race a red civic the other night?" he says. "my friend said that he raced a white mx6 the other night and he just got smoked". yup, that was me. anyhow, the guy was pretty cool. he opened up his hood and showed me the cute little engine and the mods that he had done. he didn't want to race though. he just wanted to beat on his car some more. we hung out there for a bit, then decided to go get a bite to eat. as we were rolling out of the paking lot my girlfriend tells me to smoke the tires, so my foot drops like a brick and the tires start to screem and we were gone...like right now! so just a few days later i hear from my brother and he says "i hear you were lighting up your tires after the fast and the furious?" i guess a bunch of his friends were there and they recognized my car as i was patching out the tires on the parking lot. it seemed like my car was getting famous pretty fast.
mid way through last week i was leaving the mall when i noticed a new prelude pulling out behind me. it was one of those new ugly ones with the big ugly sqaure headlights and the boxy front end. anyhow, i wanted to see if i would have any trouble staying a head of this guy. i let him get nice and close, then i signaled to turn left. he signaled too. that was when i punched it. the prelude went for it. he put in an honest effort to keep up, but he was falling behind. i signaled right, but this guy kept going straight. i guess he didn't want to try it again.
this weekend my brother, my girlfriend, and i took a trip to go see my dads new house. my dad is a cop and he has been living in vancouver forever. he just got a transfer to the interior of british columbia (canada) and we were going to visit and hang out in his new pool. along the way we had to drive through the city of kelowna. almost as soon as we got into kelowna i wound up in a race. some kind of mercades benz(probably spelt wrong) i let the guy go ahead a bit to see if he was gonna race. he punched it. so i had to catch up. unfortunatly i was only able to keep from getting any further behind. i guess if i didn't have my 210 pound brother in the back, as well as all our gear for the weekend, i could have gained on him. not long after, an early 90's prelude came cruising along. this soon erupted into some crazy weeving in and out of traffice through town, over the bridge, and up the hill. after the hill, there are a bunch of long straight stretches with traffic lights every once in a while. we hit every red light, and every time we stopped we were asking about eachothers cars, then we would take off when the light was green. this time all the weight in my car didn't make a bit of differance. the prelude was way back there. the whloe trip was a series of fun driving, but i also found out how far i still have to go with the mx6. my dad has a 1967 camaro ss 425 horsepower. i hadn't seen it yet. after a ride in that monster, and knowing what it feels like to almost have the front end leave the ground when your foot goes to the floor, it sure makes the mx6 seem slow. my mind is now made up....forced induction is not just a want anymore.... its a need!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts