Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you kiddies that want a 14 sec. N/A MX6? well i talk to this guy named chris a.k.a Rawpower and he does spiecal work for the mx6 and probes. He does intake manifold work and head work. HE DOES IT Cheap. HE told me the his stage 4 intake manifold was dynoing at 9-10 whp with all his custmors. The intake manifold is only $275. well its $475 but if you send him your old intake manifold he sends you back $200. He also does head work. he will port&polish and a little bit of the other stuff for i think around $575? with a big core charge so i think it only came out to $300 somehting.
He was telling me about his 2gen probe. intake,headers,exhaust, good cltuch, intake manifold, and his head work. ETA: 14 sec 1/4 time. so all you that want to start runnning with the v8s i think our time has come. He also has different stages of everthing so it meets your needs.

here is what he sent me:

It gets on the average 9-10 WHP with a stage 4 and thats it thats what a customer got his dyno was with my intake only and he got 9 whp throughout the entire range not onl;y that but his milage went up from 28 MPG to 32 MPG. There are 5 stage and each stage just gets more porting than the previous one

Stage 1 is $180
Stage 2 is $225
Stage 3 is $250
Stage 4 is $275 also my most popular stage for NA street
Stage 5 is $325 and you have the option of having the VRIS removed as well a good mod for NOS or Forced induction.

Feel free to call me at home at 801-737-4696

Chris aka RAW POWER

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
ok, let me get this straight....

you send him your old intake manifold, and he sends you back a new intake manifold and $200 bones? sounds like a deal too good to be true. but sounds good!!! :) solar wants horseys....

solar

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have met chris(we live in same state) and I have driven in one of his stage 5 cars. ( mine was still faster). I even let him take my car for a spin and he was impressed. (of course, his daily driver is a 12 sec 1st gen pgt with serious turbo upgrades, so Im sure he could not have been THAT impressed!)

I was going to get him to do my head work, until I found out that it will reduce torque. I also read on probe talk that one guy ported his heads and actually lost hp ( I think it was 10whp) So be aware of this before you jump into this purchase.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
MX-6 BOY jr said:
I was going to get him to do my head work, until I found out that it will reduce torque. I also read on probe talk that one guy ported his heads and actually lost hp ( I think it was 10whp) So be aware of this before you jump into this purchase.
this is true.. an improperly modified head will net a loss in power. if rawpower has been doing this for a while, he probably knows what hes doing... the other option is extrude hone, which im considering while i have my head off...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts