Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of these a while back and they have been shipped. I was also told he has two more sets available. I purchased them from 185Performance.com during a bulk buy for poly I put together in May. If you are interested email Josh at 185Performance here and he will give you the details, tell him Seth sent you. I think it is $110 per bar and $220 for the set + shipping. Don't quote me, but thats what I paid. The part numbers are BMF32 & BMR47 and work for 88-91 MX6,626, and Probe (I think). 22mm in the front and 20mm in the rear. These are the same bars gavin used in his car and raves about how they balanced it out. Though gavin has found the front to be closer to 21mm, but solid not hollow like the stock unit. If you have a DX or LX with 13mm rear and 18mm front these will absolutely kick ass. Again I am not selling these just giving an FYI. Any input welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Actually 20mm for both(not sure where the 21mm came from). I do like the action that the bars allow. Very light in the rear. Some folks may want to keep the stock front bar though as it may be a bit surprising and unsettling. Dont want to be surprised at the wrong time you know ;)

Gavin

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Urethane said:
185Performance here and he will give you the details, tell him Seth sent you. I think it is $110 per bar and $220 for the set + shipping. Don't quote me, but thats what I paid.
With the bulk order from before, we were supposed to get free shipping on these bars. Also have no idea why they never once returned my numerous calls and emails reguarding the status of my order.

I was able to work with my Visa card and get a credit for that part of the order, so I suppose that is why I was never contacted that the bars came in. I have so/so feelings about this.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
SixSick6 said:
why would you order a front sway bar that is thinner than the stocker? The stock GT front bar is 25 mm, for anyone who wants more stability in their LX or DX, just go to a junkyard and pull one off a GT, I bought one for $10 and sold it for $50 :lol:
Stock GT is hollow, Whiteline is solid. tubing is not as strong as a bar.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Im looking to a setup that biases grip to the front of the car. A smaller front swaybar will help with this. My personal belief is that the 20mm solid front whiteline bar is just a hair softer than the stock, hollow 25mm GT bar(thick tubing).

For me, this was ideal as I wanted something that was softer than the stock GT bar but stiffer than the LX/DX bars. Add to the fact that Ive upsized the rear bar from a Hollow 16mm bar to a solid 20mm and finally a whopping 22mm rear Bar. I have my setup.

Gavin

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Not sure what production dates got the larger bar but my front bar is only 21mm and my car is a late 88. I got the 21mm for the whiteline because your measurement was 20.75 and I rounded up.

also this is from Whitelines catalog:

"Generally these are "touring sizes" with replacements being around 1-5 mm larger than the original. Note that "extra heavy duty" oversize diameters are also available for many applications. Some Whiteline/Selbys Swaybars are of the same diameter as original, but only when replacing an OEM hollow or tubular design with a solid Whiteline/Selbys Swaybar."

Honestly the only way to tell is to put a car with the stock bars and one like gavins on a skid pad. Gavins word is good enough for me...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I didn't see that listed in the catalog whats the part number? And living in Oz land makes that shiz easy to get too. These are already in the states so peeps won't have to wait 4 months like I did.

Could you measure your rear bar for me? From the pictures it looks like mine but I have crappy eyes. Here are mine:

love your car though, that interior is wicked, was it stock?
What are the part numbers of the Koni inserts?
Where they hard to install?
What did you pay for them?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Re: Re: FYI: Whiteline swaybars available!!!

Manifest said:
With the bulk order from before, we were supposed to get free shipping on these bars. Also have no idea why they never once returned my numerous calls and emails reguarding the status of my order.

I was able to work with my Visa card and get a credit for that part of the order, so I suppose that is why I was never contacted that the bars came in. I have so/so feelings about this.

did u eventually got the bars and the bushings?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As the story goes, the Superpro poly came over right away and everyone recieved it. Manifest and I are the only ones that ordered swaybars. For 2 months Josh dropped off the face of the planet and right as I submitted to my credit card to get the money for the swaybars back he shot me an email saying the would be here soon. Must have been on the ausy end for the delay. Josh has since replied to every email and was cool when I told him my cc had pulled the charge but I would tell them to recharge it because I got the UPS tracking number.

Sum it up, the poly arrived within a few weeks, these sway bars had a lot of drama, that is why I posted. He has the 2 sets in stock now and should arrive promptly without the hassle I had.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Did you get the free shipping on the sway bars that they promised us?

As of today, I have yet to receive any word from Josh.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
urethane - the best part for me is that running a caravan/RV repair business I am often replacing suspension - and luckily for me my supplier is also the distributor in my state for whiteline, superpro, kyb, koni etc :)

so lets just say the price was VERY cheap - like less then trade type of cheap

the 24mm was custom - the largest whiteline is 22 (heavy duty) and 20mm (touring)

for a small fee they will custom make it any diameter you like (within reason)

i'll say thought that gettin the 24mm to fit even with the whiteline brackets and bushes is bloody tight!! :)

as for my interior - yup - stock - its a capella gtx (fedohc) not a mx6 - did ya like the digital climate control?

i paid a package price for the whiteline springs all round, koni inserts, whiteline camber kit front and rear, whiteline custom rear bar, and full set of nolathane bushes for the rear - and as said earlier - very cheap

as for the koni's - its an easy easy job

take one stock strut, and disassemble
turn it upside down in the vise and drill a small 1/8" hole in the centre of the bottom of the strut - wear goggles - it can be under a little pressure
empty out the contents into a bin (water and oil normally)
then mark out 55 from the 'lip' of the strut (top) and cut it off with a hacksaw before filing it back neatly
then enlarge the 1/8" hole to a 3/8" hole
slip the koni in and its snug
tap it down GENTLY with a soft mallet
bolt the koni in tightly with the supplied bolt through the 3/8" hole you drilled earlier

takes approx 1 hour a strut - less when you get the hang of it

I could prolly find a part number for you somewhere on the shox's

but its only for the 2ws AAS models

the 4ws are differant

the car is that much better but now i've got a hankering for some more mods... next up some koni adjustables in the front and a softer then stock front bar

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
AusMX6 said:
as for my interior - yup - stock - its a capella gtx (fedohc) not a mx6 - did ya like the digital climate control?
Very nice, didn't know that they ever made a digital climate control for these cars. I should of tried harder to pick one up when I was in AUS.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
the aussie mx6's didn't get it either

I did have my hands on a half cut gtx with the fe dohc and climate control etc :)

its a big job to fit though manifest - you need to change alot of the under dash pipework aswell

i'll say though that it is fantastic

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Manifest, I did get the free shipping as promised.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Ok, thanks - working with him now. He is pretty good about it, but wants to charge me $10 extra. This is the dispute fee that he got hit with when I disputed the charge with my CC. What really sucks is that if he would of responded to ANY of teh 25+ emails or calls that I did, then it would not of been disputed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He told me he had gotten married in the first email I received from him after those many weeks. Must have dropped off the face of the planet to do it though. Now I get responses like before when I was setting up the BB. I am just glad I finally go them and I will be installing the rear tomorrow, maybe the front too. But that will take a ahile becaue I have to do the front brakes, ball joint on one side and the Poly too while its apart.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts