Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend owns a gold 94' V6 Mx-6 Automatic, we both just got our liscenses and were wanting to race. I drive a 91' Galant GS 16 Valve DOHC I4 w/ Manual Transmission and Eclipse ECU. We finally found a stop light to drag at. We started off, i got the jump because of my manual. After that i ended up beating him by about a car length. Somewhat close race, but i still beat him.

·
Registered
36 Posts
so, you've got the stick and you also have some mods.
come find me so i can rape your ass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car isn't really modified, i got the ECU because my stock one Flew away. If i do happen to see you, my galant would still beat your mx6.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
mx6killa said:
My car isn't really modified, i got the ECU because my stock one Flew away. If i do happen to see you, my galant would still beat your mx6.
With 0-60 times in the 8.3 to 9.7 second range and quarter mile times in the 16.4 to 18.2 second range, I don't see a late 80s or early 90s Galant GS to be much of a competitor, let alone threat. It wouldn't even occur to me to race one...

Also, the MX6 V6 ATX isn't exactly a race car either. They can be made quick with some mods but lose nearly a second to 60MPH to 5-speed V6 in stock form. Perhaps your next race will be with a 5-speed PGT or V6 MX6. Please do let us know how that race turns out.

BTW, given that the 2.0L motors in the non-turbo Eclipse and Galant are likely identical, it stands to reason their ECUs are identical as well.

[Edited by Mike 94PGT on 03-24-2001 at 06:55 PM]

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
mx6killa said:
My little Galant is alot faster than you think. And the MX-6 i raced was v6.
Hmm. While I'm sure your "little" Galant is peppy indeed, given that you said "My car isn't really modified" and assuming it's the 135HP 2.0L, then it probably is about as fast as I (and as magazine reviewers and acceleration time archivers) think it is: 8- to 10-seconds 0-60 and 16- to 18-seconds in the 1/4-mile in the low 80- or high 70-MPH range.

Also, I did read your post, so I know you raced a V6. And I said that the V6 ATX isn't exactly fast in stock condition. I also said you should get back to us with the results when you race a 5-speed PGT or MX6 V6. Or perhaps try your hand with a 1st-gen MX6 GT or PGT if you feel uncomfortable racing a V6 with a stick. It would certainly put your sig:

to the test, wouldn't it?

[Edited by Mike 94PGT on 03-24-2001 at 07:38 PM]

·
Registered
120 Posts
So, what? Even if you did beat the your friend's MX6, why are you on here telling us? Are we suppose to root for you? Are we suppose to congratulate you on a good job? We all respect other cars, but what is your point in all this? Trying to get a rise out of us?

·
Registered
158 Posts
With a name like mx6killa, a post called "Galant GS kills MX-6 V6" and a sig "91' Galant GS 16-Valve I4 DOHC (That kills all MX-6's)", I would think that this thread would be 5 pages of flame wars by now. I'm proud of you guys.

Obviously, something must be wrong with that 6 because as Mike said, the galant is a 8-10 second 0-60 car. With earth shattering times like that, I don't see how it could beat an LS. I doubt the results would be the same if you raced a 5 speed.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
bigjeff said:
With a name like mx6killa, a post called "Galant GS kills MX-6 V6" and a sig "91' Galant GS 16-Valve I4 DOHC (That kills all MX-6's)", I would think that this thread would be 5 pages of flame wars by now. I'm proud of you guys.

Obviously, something must be wrong with that 6 because as Mike said, the galant is a 8-10 second 0-60 car. With earth shattering times like that, I don't see how it could beat an LS. I doubt the results would be the same if you raced a 5 speed.
Yeah, a healthy V6 ATX should beat that car methinks. Perhaps the ATX in the LS is on the way out...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh well, let's just look at it this way. His victory will give him a false sense of confidence in the abilities of his car. Next time he lines up to race a 6 or mostly any other car for that matter, his pride would get shattered even harder.

·
Registered
475 Posts
hmmm... a galant Gs what a galant thoroughbred of a car. Great performance, stunning looks, and man does it have some street cred. I am just so tired of picking up all those tuner mags and only seeing 91 galant gs's. LOL

I have a question for ya killa. was the mx6 possibley in reverse when u raced him? Or possibly being driven by a dog.
Or here is one, was it missing wheels? Those are the only things that could possibly explain this ground breaking feat. I think the last thing a galant GS beat in a race was my sisters huffy, but even that was a close one.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i just want to say.....

i poop on galants. even though ive never raced one, i just want to throw that in as a useless reply to this useless thread and uncalled for bashing. cheerio fruitcake!! :)

SolarSlash

·
Registered
609 Posts
The saddest part of all this is that this guy took the time to find a mx6 website, sign up, and post this story. It sounds like a confidence problem to me. He must have been so suprised that he "beat" another vehicle that he had to tell someone, unfortunately he had to tell us cuz no one else would listen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is also sad is that he's still taking it seriously, like it really happened or something. I mean, c'mon gimme a break!

·
Registered
416 Posts
allright guys, now dont kill the messenger, but a 91 galant gs 5 speed and a mx6 2.0 4 banger w/ the automatic would be a pretty close race, it could possibly happen that the galant wou........wait did he say v6? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, damn that's one of the funniest postings ive seen so far on this sight, mx6killa, where do you live? if its anywhere near S.E. mass or rhodeisland, i will gladly racemy mx6 against your galant, i'd offer to race for titles, but i wouldnt want a POS like that in my possesion, it'd be embarrassing

·
Registered
158 Posts
allworldkj said:

I have a question for ya killa. was the mx6 possibley in reverse when u raced him? Or possibly being driven by a dog.
Or here is one, was it missing wheels? Those are the only things that could possibly explain this ground breaking feat. I think the last thing a galant GS beat in a race was my sisters huffy, but even that was a close one.

LMFAO. Man, I was gonna say something wise ass in my first post, but didn't wanna start flaming. Guess allworldkj filled in for my part.

·
Registered
475 Posts
bigjeff said:
allworldkj said:

LMFAO. Man, I was gonna say something wise ass in my first post, but didn't wanna start flaming. Guess allworldkj filled in for my part.
What does LMFAO mean? Thanks for the compliment I think...
I wouldn't call this really flaming, I'd call MX6killa flaming but this is a little more sarcastic

·
Registered
475 Posts
excellent....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.