Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I bought this turbo for 20 bucks at a swap meet and had it rebuild because of not knowing prior history of turbo. The problem is I am not sure what turbo it would be most comparable to. all I have found out is it's a "t31 stage 3 turbo" and it's off of a early to mid 90's Powerstroke.
P/N=991853C91
S/N=WKL2842 TC4305
Compressor A/R= .70
Turbine A/R= .82
On another forum I have found ATP makes a .63 A/R turbine housing making it more applicable for a 4 cyl - 6 cyl.
I have no compressor map to go off of and from my limited knowledge on sizing turbo's I think it may be close to a GT3071R (just non roller bearing).
any and all input is appreciated
Thanks in advance
Jessie

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Hello all,
I bought this turbo for 20 bucks at a swap meet and had it rebuild because of not knowing prior history of turbo. The problem is I am not sure what turbo it would be most comparable to. all I have found out is it's a "t31 stage 3 turbo" and it's off of a early to mid 90's Powerstroke.
P/N=991853C91
S/N=WKL2842 TC4305
Compressor A/R= .70
Turbine A/R= .82
On another forum I have found ATP makes a .63 A/R turbine housing making it more applicable for a 4 cyl - 6 cyl.
I have no compressor map to go off of and from my limited knowledge on sizing turbo's I think it may be close to a GT3071R (just non roller bearing).
any and all input is appreciated
Thanks in advance
Jessie
power stroke uses a gt37 turbo, thats a huge turbo that can support 800hp on 4 cyl application

1 - 3 of 3 Posts