Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was out driving the mx6 for the first real drive and i put 180 miles on and realized my gas guage didnt move at all anyone have any ideas? its shows half a tank the whole time

·
Registered
829 Posts
Sell your car for $200,000 claiming it gets over 180 MPG.

Sounds like a faulty fuel sender, but Idk if the gauge would remain still or bottom out, as mine has yet to go. Perhaps someone with expertise can narrow it down for us

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yeah the gauge would remain still. Its the only one that stays still all the time, even when the engine is off. Notice how even when you fill the tanks it moves so damn slowly? Check the connections behind the gauge cluster or the fuel sending unit. If it's the latter, you'll have to drop the tank to get to it. Shame, lots of cars have bolts under the rear seat that you can undo to get to the fuel tank/pump.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so its my sending unit? how much those cost? so took my dash apart took the cover off the the guages i moved the needle to full it stayed there until i started it then it just bottomed out to E (and the tank is full)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nothing?

·
Registered
208 Posts
if the needle moved to empty when you removed it and replaced it. it could just be the needle. go ahead & remove the needle again, but when you replace it again, turn the key forward twice, to accessories, but don't start the car. Lightly place the fuel needle back on in the full position(assuming full tank) and make sure it isn't pressed in too tight. btw, make sure the gauges are all plugged in in the back before hand too.

I had to do this twice after I put custom gauges in. I had placed the needle to far in, and it couldn't move around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts