Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get in my car i smelll gas. And when I turn off my car and go to the rear I smell gas. There is no visible leak because I look every day (It smells like gas and would be 90% sure it's not sulfur from exhaust). I'm thinking it's an o2 censor from what I've read online (car might be running to rich and not burning off all the fuel) Car seems like gas mileage isn't the best either. If it is o2..........

how much are they?
easy to install?
how much for some one to install if it's too hard?

THANKS

·
Registered
352 Posts
Alright, this is probably not the answer to your question. But you might want to check this anyway.
Last Friday I replaced my front 02 sensor, it was a Bosch Universal ($57). It was a pain in the a** because I had to cut wires and attach them to the new sensor, but next time all the wires are already spliced so it should be as bad.
Anyway drove about 40 miles in all and when I got back to town started to smell gas. I was hoping it wasn't me, but when I got to the driveway I really smelled it. Looked behind my car and saw little drop marks, looked under and it was really leaking by this point. So I turned the car off and decided to find it in the morning since it only leaked when the car was running.
Next morning turn the car on, look and the the clap for gas line poped off the fuel filter. Well, to make a long story shorter I got water in my tank and it clogged up the filter, creating back-pressure that shot the line off. Last time I filled up it was pouring out. I just replaced that filter a month before too.
While it had very little to do with the 02 sensor, you might want to check it out

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its the O2 sensor if it smells like exhaust. If it smells like gas than your leaking fuel before its burning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts