Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i realized i was getting 250 miles to the tank and could smell gas when driving, so i brought my car in my garage jacked it up and saw that i have gas leaking and it looks like its leaking some where in the top. cant tell. the worst part about this is that it has a full tank:mad:so i was like well i will siphen it out well idk if there is a screen or something cause i cant get the hose into the tank? so i got those three straps off that hold the tank up and i put a floor jack under the tank and what do you know the tank wont drop down? think something just came lose on top the tank? and is there a trick to get the tanks out?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
ok so i got the gas out disconnected the fuel lines but its like the tank just does not want to come out any one know and easy way or any way to get the tank out? so got the tank out and figured out it was leaking around where the fuel pump is so i just used a tube of seal all on it and am hoping that holds up and works

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Seal All is supposed to be resistive to gasoline according to their claims. It may hold for a while. I would check to see if you smell gas after you have it all back together. Be safe.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its holding so far when i get some extra money i am just going to buy a new pump and tank. also when it was not leaking i get 22 mpg is that bad? i know i got bad o2 sensors. i got to get two new ones

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It depends on your style of driving. 22mpg is probably normal. You can get into the 30s if you drive like grandma

1 - 6 of 6 Posts