Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 1993 Mazda Mx6 V4 automatiic and ever since i had the car i get around 240 to max 300 miles a gallon depends on how far or often i drive i get around those numbers per gallon. I was wondering should my Car should be getting more Milage out of the gas tank. Ive have had the fuel filter replace, got a fuel system cleaning , replaced spark plugs , replace tires, replace valve cover gasket and intake maifold also Nothing Is wrong with the car runs fine except for the tranny which is rough when shifting into 1st and 2nd , just wondering is i should be getting more out of my gas tank and should i have it looked at , i know the my exuast and catalytic convert have never been changed and the car has 144,000 miles on itm would that cause a gas drop, i am getting a new cat and muffler pretty soon well , thanks for taking a look and appriciate the help.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The miles per tank is really irrelevant on these cars. You need to calculate your miles per gallon because some people have posted that they fill up when it says empty, but it wasn't really empty.

I'd think that the 4 cylinder could EASILY get 370+ miles/tank as my V-6 gets 330-350 in mixed driving (5 speed).

It sounds like you've checked most of your bases, but make sure that when it gets that low you're putting in a decent (12-13 gallons) amount of fuel. One more thing to check is your O2 sensor.

Tyson

1 - 4 of 4 Posts