Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is your gas mileage on your 6's?? what about your average miles per year? also, what type of gas do you put in? i put premium 93 octane like the manual says to.

i have a 1993 LS 2.5 V6 and i get 18 mpg. 20 if i'm good.

i bought it 2 years ago with 90,000 on it (avg 15,000 mpy) and i am at 104,500 (avg 13,000 mpy). yeah, that's right, i only put 14,000 on in 2 years. shocking isn't it?

only thing i had to replace was the water pump, which basically just quit on me. job cost about $650 at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
93 octane
260 miles per tank
i had like 110000 when i got it and now i have 167000 or so.
still runs great, uses some oil. need to change the gaskets on it this summer ( in may ) get the tranny serviced too. and probly a tranny cooler for good luck!!!

G

·
- 93 octane gas (car runs like $%#% with anything less)
- 240 miles per tank city / 350 miles or so highway
- 87000 miles when I bought it. 109000 miles now. I've had
it for about 1 1/2 years now.

Since I bought it I have replaced:

- plugs (twice), wires, dist cap (twice), air and fuel filters, tires. I have also blasted the throttle body clean with carb cleaner.

The VCG's and timing belt were replaced right before I bought the car, thank god! Car still runs pretty good, though it doesn't seem to have that incredible acceleration I remember it having when I first bought it. It also has this irritating tick in the engine which I can't seem to figure out what in the world it is. Other than that, it still drives like a brand new car.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
gc95mx6 said:
- 93 octane gas (car runs like $%#% with anything less)
- 240 miles per tank city / 350 miles or so highway
- 87000 miles when I bought it. 109000 miles now. I've had
it for about 1 1/2 years now.

Since I bought it I have replaced:

- plugs (twice), wires, dist cap (twice), air and fuel filters, tires. I have also blasted the throttle body clean with carb cleaner.

The VCG's and timing belt were replaced right before I bought the car, thank god! Car still runs pretty good, though it doesn't seem to have that incredible acceleration I remember it having when I first bought it. It also has this irritating tick in the engine which I can't seem to figure out what in the world it is. Other than that, it still drives like a brand new car.

does it tick when you first start up, it is the HLA, what type of oil do you use? change to Mobil1 SYN, people on here and PT say it stops that stuff. do a search for oil and you should come up with some good reading. http://www.mx6.com/board/showthread.php3?threadid=3689

i will find the other site later for you it will tel you everything about a mx6 later

·
Registered
127 Posts
50210 miles an about 32 miles to the gallon with the cheap gas and it runs fine , but it's only a 2.0l. I average about 14000 miles a year.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
I have LS V6 and I make 230 miles in city and I use 98 octane gas. (Forced Induction here I come!) I have 82000 miles on her now.
Mici

·
Registered
475 Posts
91,000 miles on my 1993 V6 and I beat on it. I fill it with prem. and end up getting 220 miles per takn in city driving.

G

·
I have 108,000 mile on mine, purchased new right out of college. I always put in crap 87 octane, and I average 350 miles per tank. This averages to around 33 MPG with a heavy mix of city of highway miles. I also drive it like a retard, but of course it is only a 4 cyl.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
55k miles and 95 octane 28 ish to the gallon and 10k per year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
89-93 octane with no difference in performance.
24mpg
19,500 on my 96 MX-6 M-Edition Auto
Mobil 1 full synthetic in all my vehicles.
Redline Water Wetter in the coolant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts