Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a hotshot intake on my car and put the 15's back on for the winter and i'm getting bad gas mileage. I was getting an estimated 25mpg with the 18's (estimate because my odometer is wrong with the bigger tires) and now I'm getting 20 if I'm lucky. They put the mtbe stuff in the gas during the summer only, right? Maybe it's just cause I'm riding it harder now to check the performance with the intake, but shouldn't the intake give better mileage as well?

·
Registered
193 Posts
dang jorge, i dont drive that hard but i get around 326 per tank (when i let it go down to fumes). i get around 278 or so when i do drive hard. 2nd gen ls

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
gosh dudes, r yall talking about miles per tank, cause that seems high to me, i get about 225 235 or so and i baby my gas too, could there be something wrong??

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I filled my tank today. I had gotten 331 miles on a tank, or 24.5 miles per gallon. Not too bad really. Mine's a bone stock 95 LS (5 spd) with 101K on it. And I don't feather foot the throttle either. Most of it is driving to class or to work.

Tyson
95 LS (For sale)

·
Registered
179 Posts
The best I have got was 235, but I tend to drive it hard no matter how much I try to be economical.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i drive around in stop and go, when i drive so, but could there be something wrong, i mean i want to get 265 or 280 tank

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn, JP. I watched those videos on your webpage of you guys in the parking lot. Now I know why you get such bad gas mileage!!! hehe. Actually I drive my car like that too sometimes, except I try to put the power to the ground, not spin the tires. Nice clips.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
bigjeff, Actually I NEVER ride my car like that. Well, I only did it that one time for the camera. I wouldn't even dream of doing that to my car on an every day basis, immagine that?!

The only thing I do is drive fast all around. When i drive to and from work, I usually hit 90mph on the turnpike. Then I slow down to like 25 for the EZ Pass and then I'm off again.

I've seen on a coupls pf occassions people in Hondas peel out just like that out of a a light with noone to race... I usually laught at their stupidity and drive on...

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hey wait

I do that myself with my 6. Only cause I havent been drivin a stik very long, and I like to practice my take off and shifting. That shit is hard, and if ya dont know how to do it well, then ya get smoked by everything on the bloody road. I digress, im practising the ability to harness the true power of my 6. too bad its winter now, makes it a little harder to practice what I want to.

Cheers!'
:)

G

·
I get about 250 miles per tank commuting every day to work about 3 miles one way, if I let it run down to the fumes. I usually fill up around 225 or so though. I get, surprisingly, around 350 miles per tank if I'm on the highway and I go down to the fumes.

93 octane name-brand gas only for me, btw. Not sure if this makes a significant difference in gas mileage but thought I would throw it in anyway.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I got 200 miles on a half tank last night and today, 90% highway driving ;)

I did my mileage last tank...got 24.8 mpg, mostly highway.

Tyson
95 LS bone stock (for sale)

G

·
How the hell are you people getting over 200 miles per tank? I'm lucky if I reach 200 miles before seeing the low fuel light. Are you really racing it around?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Damn guys... what's wrong with your cars? I get 800 out of my full tank... anyone try a tune up???

·
Registered
45 Posts
I only get about 350-425 kms per tank myself. Although it is entirely winter driving. 800 miles? how the hell do you get that?

PeMiL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts