Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I usually average around 315 before I decide to fill up again, but on occasion I've gone up to 330. I try to play it a little safe though, I've never run out of gas before and I don't want to ever.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I get from 20-25mpg. I fill up around 250-290. I fill it up when the gas light comes on :) In case you don't know how to caculate gas milage right here it is: Fill up the car. the next time you put gas in it, fill it up again. Then take the amount of miles that you drove on the first tank of gas and divide it by how many gallons it took to fill it up for the second tank of gas.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any GTs out there? Im trying to compare mine to other GTs. The reason, Im averaging around 180 miles on a full tank. I installed white face gauges and I think I placed the needle wrong. My gas light burned out and cant find replacement bulbs. Anyone know where to get them? Thanks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
ev89DX said:
I usually average around 315 before I decide to fill up again, but on occasion I've gone up to 330. I try to play it a little safe though, I've never run out of gas before and I don't want to ever.
Its pretty hard to run out of gas in our cars. Do not get me wrong it isn't impossible. I say this because when the idiot fuel light comes on you still have from 2 to 3 gallons of gas left...and that's a lot of gas. Just thought I would share that. I too am now going to count some sheep. I have a big day at the scrap yard ahead of me. :D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have a GT and on average I get about 320 miles to a tank (I fill up after driving 10-20 miles with the fuel light on) and that equates to about 27 MPG. The least I've ever gotten is 270 miles, and the most is 370 Miles (which was over 30 MPG - very good for an entire tank). I get 30-31 MPG on the interstate going 75 MPH easy. Then again I have the only stock engine on this board :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
i get right about 22 to 23 miles per gallon when driving like a maniac (always).. and if im just cruisin on the freeway i get like 28 to 29

·
Registered
379 Posts
I average 33-35 mpg in mainly highway driving (65-80 mph) during warm weather; winter fuel economy is slightly lower due to the rich mixture the engine runs when cold.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have to refill at about 220 when I drive around the city! you guys are talking about 300-330 mile to the tank DAMN! when i first bout the car I had to drive it from Colorado to Cali and got somin like 420 somin miles! that was cool. am I running rich?

Pyro
89 LX

·
Registered
405 Posts
i run around 220 miles in the city too. but my foot never leaves the floor though, that may have something to do with it. on the highway i usually get about 350 to a tank before i get scared and fill up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts