Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I drive my MX-6 V6 on a daily basis, right now without any mods Im getting about 190-200 miles per tank.
does anyone have any tips to increase my gas millage???

thanks in advance

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would think you should get a full tune-up done it, along with getting the 02 sensors changed. I also would add a fule injector cleaner before your oil change too, to get more flow out of those injectors to the cylinders.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you
ok so a tune-up would do the trick.
another question, I was thinking about buying a PRM will an air intake help me get better gas millage???

·
Registered
87 Posts
i get about 300 miles per tank (about 29-30 mi/gal) with a 4 cyl. auto. Last tune up 8 months ago.

·
Registered
483 Posts
EmiGrante said:
thank you
ok so a tune-up would do the trick.
another question, I was thinking about buying a PRM will an air intake help me get better gas millage???
If you drive at a constant velocity on the highway with air intake you should get better gas mileage maybe a mile or 2 per gallon with the intake, if you get an exhaust it should help a lot too.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a 4cyl ATX and I get about 285miles a tank and this is with street driving, should my mileage be better?

I have driven on a road trip on highways and got 360miles a tank. And both are with A/C constantly running.

·
Registered
483 Posts
LandoLakes said:
I have a 4cyl ATX and I get about 285miles a tank and this is with street driving, should my mileage be better?

I have driven on a road trip on highways and got 360miles a tank. And both are with A/C constantly running.
That sounds about right because when you are around the city and you are driving in stop and go traffic or you are constantly approach traffic lights, the speed isn't constant, there is nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I did 330 miles on a full tank averaging about 70mph
I dont have a/c All freeway driving.

local roads, to and from work lucky if i get 200.

·
Registered
59 Posts
good mileage...

I've been driving my 6 for just over a week and I've put close to 2400km (1500miles) on it. Took a nice road trip so I would say I've been doing 80%-90% highway driving (stop and go on highway sometimes you know). I've been getting 24-27mpg on my V6 5speed. I think that's pretty good compared to what other people get. I've tried 91-93 octane gas and I don't think it makes much of a difference. I think for best mileage cruizing around 70-75 mph (~120kph) is good.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Gas mileage

On road trips i get just around 400 miles on a tank before the fuel light comes on. (use the draft) Around 460 is when it starts the out of fuel symptoms. In town I got 350+ (hwy/city mix) How do people do with the klze on gas mileage? I have yet to fill up since it has been in

·
Registered
293 Posts
400+ miles on a tank.

Hey, I'm driving a stock 4 cyl, manual tranny, every day to work and college, putting about 100-150miles a day.
My gas mileage varies between 27 and 30 mpg. Well, if I race too often or do the burn outs it goes down to 26, but anyway I always have a couple gallons left (when the red light comes on) in a tank, while the odometer says 400+ miles.

Happy motoring.

I've always known, that 5 speed is a lot more dynamic and gives better gas mileage.

I've got 120000 + miles on my MX-6, and I just love it!})

1 - 13 of 13 Posts