Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
The tech material and pre-production parts available are intended for use on carbureted race cars, trucks, off-road vehicles, or boats only. They are NOT intended for use on late model fuel injected street cars, trucks, or other vehicles. This is a supercharger research & development organization, not a supercharger/ turbocharger vender. **** Datson
bummer

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would certainly work on any car though, wouldn't it? anyways....it just brings up the question...can't you just attach a drive system to the compressor side of a turbocharger and bam... a centrifugal supercharger?

·
Registered
261 Posts
SlickSix311 said:
it would certainly work on any car though, wouldn't it? anyways....it just brings up the question...can't you just attach a drive system to the compressor side of a turbocharger and bam... a centrifugal supercharger?
With proper gearing changes, yes.

Your engine spins at a max of around 7,000rpm, a turbo spins at around 50,000rpm+

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true true. anyways...seemed like an interesting (and inexpensive) setup they have going... kinda like a poor-man's centrifugal

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
SlickSix311 said:
Then why do they say it only works with blowthrough type carbs? I don't see y it wouldn't work either, just going by whats on the site....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i know... and i'm just going by the fact that a roots blower can work on both fi and carb engines. and a centrifugal can do the same. i don't understand how they say it only works on carb engines especially when it's designed to give boost to smaller engines which are more fi than carb.

i also wonder how they plan to spin that thing at 50,000 - 100,000 rpm since it's directly attached to the compressor drive when the engines are spinning at maybe 8,000 rpm max.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
obviously... but the only way i can imagine it would be done is with a few external pullies and belts.... because other centrifugal superchargers have an internal system to achieve this ratio...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts