Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants instructions on how to put in new gauges just post your e-mail address and I will get them to ya. If you have any questions let me know!

Later dudes,

Chris Jenkins
"coolmx6"

·
Registered
283 Posts
my email adress is [email protected], ALSO IAM LOOKING FOR PILLAR PODS do u know where i can get these from the meters that can go on the side of the window.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might try...........

Mx64u2catch said:
my email adress is [email protected], ALSO IAM LOOKING FOR PILLAR PODS do u know where i can get these from the meters that can go on the side of the window.
I will get that e-mailed to you asap. As for the pillar pods, you might want to e-mail coolnoodle 2000 and find out where he got his...check'em out, he's in the spotlight gallery at the bottom:

http://www.mx6.com/mx6_index_welcome.html

Later man,

Chris Jenkins
"coolmx6"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Why don't you...

Wouldn't it be easier for you and everyone if you just posted the instructions here?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Why don't you...

Quy93MX6V6 said:
Wouldn't it be easier for you and everyone if you just posted the instructions here?
Okay I will just post a new thread with the instructions and yall can just print them out....

Later Guys,

Chris JEnkins
"coolmx6"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trick

A trick that I learned with the gauges is that if you go to wal-mart or something and buy one of those notebooks or folders with the blue clear plastic cover on it you can cut the outline of your gauges and put it behind it so they will light upin blue at night time. But of course you will have to take the little green plastic cover off of your light bulb.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Trick

jspeer said:
A trick that I learned with the gauges is that if you go to wal-mart or something and buy one of those notebooks or folders with the blue clear plastic cover on it you can cut the outline of your gauges and put it behind it so they will light upin blue at night time. But of course you will have to take the little green plastic cover off of your light bulb.
Cool trick man. I am going to be reprinting my gauges any way so I am going to try that. Thanks

Chris

"coolmx6"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no problem

Not a problem, it just takes a little bit of time to cut both overlays out to exactly match up but looks pretty good when its all said and done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sure..

93_black_beauty said:
[email protected] aslo do you know if i can get some different color needles for the gauges? i want to get white gauges with like indigo needles, is this possible?
The instructions are on the way. As far as the needles go Sure it possible to change them you would just have to find someone who carries different styles. I will look around and let you know if I find something.

Later man,

Chris Jenkins
"coolmx6"

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
What about this....

Scan youir gauges like you normally would. Design the gauges in whatever color you want. Then, instead of printing them on a piece of photo paper per say, why not print them on transparency paper? My mother is a teacher and is always printing tranparencies for her classes in our printer. If you have a good lazer printer, you can have the gauges printed out on this clear plastic sheet and it would be just like the aftermarket gauges they sell. Yesterday I went by an inport shop and asked to look at some gauge faces for a civic. I felt the gauges and they were just that, a clear plastic sheet with the white gauges printed on them. I'm hesitant to try this on my own gauges but if someone e-mails me their gauges how they want them to be, I can print them out at my office's 5 thousand dollar Lazer printer on this plastic transparency sheet and see how it comes out. The only thing after that would be cutting them out, but that's th eleast of the problems.

So let me know and e-mail me your gauges. Actually I just need to try out 1 set of gauges. If you want, send me a couple and I'll choose th ebest one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey jpmx6,

If u use that kind of paper how would u be able to have a white face during the day?? And if light will go throught the paper then u wont have to cut out the numbers!?!? I experemnted a little by putting a blue flim (wallmart binder) behind phototype paper (a picture) then i shined a flashlight behind that and the result is a blue indiglo guage! the only thing i am sketchy about is if the bulbs in the dash will be bright enough? Thats the only reason i havent tryed it yet!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts