Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys i got tired of looking at those "white face printed paper thingies" so i took them out. but i left the temp and fuel gauge in. gives it a nice contrast. i havent decided whether i like it or not yet though.

just thought i would let everyone know. if anyone is interested they can have them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
your giving them away for free

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i will ship em anywhere. i just need to rid myself of them. they make me sick, blooooaah.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
White guages?

Why do they make you sick? Is it not a good idea to go to white guages?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought a leather wrap at auto-zone. it was like $15, and if you want one, make sure you buy the large one. dont buy the one that says it is for imports or cars with-out airbags. at least i got a big one, i dont know about the rest of you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It is one of those do it yourself jobs??? I always thought that they would look like shit. I would love to see a better picture of it. Was it hard to do?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Speed Cable

How in the crap do I hook this back up? My arm is too big to attach it and I can't put in on either side.. Need help.. please!!

[Edited by Mx6boy91 on 03-12-2001 at 03:03 PM]

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it is a do-it yourselfer. and i dont think it looks bad. but you can tell it isnt stock. and it took like 3 hrs to wrap it. glad i dont have to do it again, what a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i will take them if u dont want them

·
Registered
38 Posts
Home Made Guages

I made some White Guages for my 6, well, me and Infared did. They look nice as crap, but I screwed them up when I was installing them, damn paper bends. Anyway, I am very pleased with the color.. It is worth the extra $1 to go to Kinko's and get it lazer printed. I'll have a pic up soon. I'm installing Xenon bulbs in the back of the Cluster at this moment. lata playas

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Xenon bulbs for the cluster?

what is the bulb number? Do they have neon or black light or blue?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Xenon Bulb

The bulb number for the guages are 194. there are 6 in total, 2 for the turn signals, one for brights, and three for lighting up the guages. The color of them is a bright pure white.. hope this helps

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm down in Oz and no one here has even heard of Xenon cluster lights. Anyone who lives down here know where I might be able to get some?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Xenon bulbs

Most of the bulbs are available at your local speed shop. don;t know how much they would be. One thing about getting the guages is.. they have dark spots. but I've learned to live with them.. later

·
Registered
539 Posts
So not much light shows through the paper guages. That's a pity, the price we pay for vanity. :) Anyway, I've been through almost every single one of the speed shops around my area and all they have are normal bulbs. I need some really bright one so that the guages will be lighted up to some degree since the light has to come through the sides now that no light can come thought the guages themselves. I heard Xenon bulbs were the brightest and I can't seem to find them.

G

·
i have a second generation and ill take them if u dont want them i have been looking for white gauges but i cant find them and i would screw up if i do it myself

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
these are 1st gen gauges. they will in no way shape or form fit yours. i hate to send them to you, when someone with a first gen could use them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts