Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gave a 911 porshe more than he wanted

a friend of mine has a 911. after riding in it, i told i could hang with him, he thought i was crazy. we got on the expressway him in front he punched it, so did i. in 3rd gear on his bumper, 4th gear still there, 5th gear doing 135mph + he backed off. we pulled off on the next exit, he was amazed, could'nt believe my four cylinder ran like a bat outta hell, needless to say i can't get him to run again. i now have his porshe fans tring to look under my hood to see if i'm using gas. it's good publicity for me because he now tells people not to run me. "the mx-6 is not a punk" are the words he uses and he tells them he's trying to save their fellings because he would'nt want to here any sob stories if they get waxed by a four cylinder.

[Edited by swats slayer on 02-26-2001 at 02:13 AM]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasnt there so I cant say you are wrong, but I seriously doubt that your 4 cylinder engine could keep up with a 911. I doubt that my v6 could do it. I also dont know what year either car was but I know that your car, stock, has 114 hp and his has above 200. The 1990 911 carrera has 247 and the torque on the two isnt even comparable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm am not on the defense for the porshe driver buy this guy actually knows what he doing he also races a bmw 325 which i have not had the pleasure to run yet. oh by the way the mx-6 gt has a stock of 145hp for the guy who thinks it is only 114hp. i dont' know the exact specs of the 911 but it is between 90 - 93 model.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a 1990 porsche 911 has 247 hp. That was my mistake on your hp, i was looking up the specs on a second gen. 4 banger and i was wrong about that too, it has 118. Still, even with 145, you are still 200 behind him and like i said the torque is in a whole different class.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correction to my last post, i said you were still 200 hp behind, i meant to write 100. oops.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just another BS MX6 story.

Maybe there was cheez wiz in his 911 fuel tank.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yo rbodeman i so sure this is not a bs story i'm will to take you on anyday, you money for my house. stop being a punk and i might teach you something.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey man, nobody is saying that your car isnt fast. Just dont come on here telling us about some fairy tale where you beat a porsche 911, and on top of that a porsche being driven by a guy that you said is a really good driver. Put a really good driver and a porsche together and you dont stand a chance, none of us do unless you have turbo or something. The difference is, none of us come on here bragging about killing some car that we know we would never stand a chance against.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you guys are missing the point!!! my performance impressd him. i know top end is no match for his porshe, all i'm saying is he could'nt pull away from me for the time we were on the expressway. you gotta show some heart, this guy knows he has more hp than me but you'll impress a lot of people when they found out you are running that strong for a 4 cylinder is the point i'm making!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dude, if your car could hang with him, more power to you. i just know that my car wouldnt be able to even come close, with a v6. and my car tops out at 134 so i dont see how you were doing 135+ and then HE backed out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i've actually had mine up to over 140 and that's no bs!!!check with some of the other 1gen owners, i'm sure they can verify the speeds on the gt models.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont know that much about 1st gens, obviously :), but I do know enough to know the difference in raw power and torque between an mx6 and a porsche. our cars just dont have the pick up to keep up with that kind of power, bottom line.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ive been cought by the police doing 130mph, and thats when i was slowing down for a corner! He let me off. hahaha

My excuse was that a guy was tailgating me so i planted the pedal. At that point a guy did fly past us!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good kill...im still wondering how a 93 911 made two circles around in the freeway. i know i was goin max speed and even pushed the car from behind...can anyone help me how to beat a 911..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good kill...im still wondering how a 93 911 made two circles around me in the freeway. i know i was goin max speed and even pushed the car from behind...can anyone help me how to beat a 911..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh yeah. that was a 1999 twin turbo all wheel drive 911...can anyone help me how to drop a jet motor...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
MAX Speed

Stock max speed of a 1st gen is either 134mph, or 137mph--I did max my 90 out, and I can't remember if it was 137, or 134, but it was 1 of those 2. And IF I remember right, the governor kicked in, and the car slowed down-has anyone else had this happen?.

So lets assume it is 137mph max. The only way to change that would be larger tires (right? I don't know that for sure), or actually changing the gears in the tranny, or remove/change the governor setting. For the guy who said he got to 140mph, your speedo may be off, due to custom wheels, or the little plastic gear, or possibly bigger tires.

On my ZX6 Kawasaki Ninja, I got my speedo up to 157mph, but I would nt be suprised if it was off. It's not like our speedometers are calibrated.

Just my $.02.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts