Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need to know how hard it is to replace the 2 bushings for the gear shifter. They are the top and bottom one. I still working the not shifting in first or second gear problem and noticed that the bottom bushing that the lever sits on is cracked and broken into pieces. I'm hoping it's my problem.

How hard is it to replace them out and do I have to pull it through the bottom to work on it? :shrug: Any related part numbers would be great, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
It's not hard at all. Put your car up on stands and crawl underneith. Bring a couple 12mm wrenches with you and if you're talking about the bushings right under the shifter, you will need a phillips head screwdriver to remove the shield. I replaced all 5 bushings in about a half-hour.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mazda,

I removed the spring holding the shifter in the car, is all I need to do is unbolt it from the shifter rod and then let it drop out or can I pull the entire shifter assembly from inside the car?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
TreeCityBusa said:
Mazda,

I removed the spring holding the shifter in the car, is all I need to do is unbolt it from the shifter rod and then let it drop out or can I pull the entire shifter assembly from inside the car?
There's a bolt underneath at the bottom, so you're going to need to get underneath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts