Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have swapped the manual gearbox on my 93 2.5V6 and now the car will not idle. If I start it up from cold it will idle very unevenly and almost stall but when it gets warm it stalls immediately unless I give it throttle, it seems to drive ok (i.e. under throttle) but stalls as soon as it comes to a stop (clutch in or in neutral).

The engine ran fine before I swapped the gearbox, which was off a probe, everything was identical to the box I removed.

I have double checked all the hoses and connectors have been put back as they were before, any ideas on what I should check or may have missed would be appreciated.

Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have a CAI kit fitted and have checked that the air flow meter connector is attached correctly and there are no leaks after the meter.

Is there any way I can check that the air flow meter is working ok and the connector and wiring to it is ok too?

....seems if I can't find what is causing it to stall I'll have to let Mazda lighten my wallet and have them take a look at it. :(

Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check the adjustmet of your throttle cable, and check to see that it's riding in the groove on the throttle pulley and it didnt slip out. Also make sure you plugged the front and rear O2 sensors back in if you unplugged it to put the tranny in. I forgot to plug the rear one in on mine and the car idled like CRAP. Barely ran at idle, but accelerated fine. No check engine light for the first 10 miles either, till the car realised the rear O2 was missing. Then it came on. Also, if you disconnect the battery for a while on these cars, the ECU forgets everything and has to re-learn the idle air valve adjustments. It relearns after about an hour from what I've been told on the forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts