Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k i finished my swap (sorta) anyways took it for a rip and my gears arnt right like there no reverse and i can start off pretty much the same in ever gear counting fifth (take off from a still position)

i put in a short shifter if that matters it has a kink it the shifter but im pretty sure i put it in the right way.

and well this is whats still missing (so u know)
-cross brace for attaching control arms
-y pipe and exhaust pipe
-brake fluid and power steering fluid (dont have neither) yea i took it for a rip anyway
-and possible didnt bleed clutch enough
other than that everything hook up and it runs fin a little high 1100rpm(could be no back pressure in exhaust

as well a few question to anyone that has a 2g mx6 5spd 2.5
-where do all grounds hook up? (mostly ones above tranny)
-and is there more ways to tighten the e brake other than the screw attached to handle?
i think thats all....

·
Registered
578 Posts
You are stuck in one gear???

Dude, take the car to someone that knows something. Clearly you require a bit more experience before you go too far. I am not trying to be clever or anything but seriously?

And "taking it for a rip" without brake fluid?

WTF?

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok, go put all that stuff you left off or didn't do back before you kill your car. Of course the gears felt weird. Everything else should have too. I'm surprised your motor didn't fall out due to the front sub frame not being completely attached. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no im not stuck in a gear or shit
i just cant shift to a reverse but it goes into what i know would be reverse(the spot for reverse)
and that brace is holding the control arms together i should put it on and yea i will in like a hour or two after my break
that has nothing to do hold engine in place all the mounts are nice n tight, electricals in, like its fine for my standards
i should fix the y pipe but id rather the exhaust blow down and around the car rather than up along the underbody since i have to go get new pipe somewhere and this is only running 5 mins at a time not even that and they are headers so its not the stock manifold which is much high up then what the headers reach to (exhast blows fine for tuneing and making sure everythings fine
i think its my shifter its not placed right so its not extending far enough to properly engage in reverse

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
dood, brake fluid will help you shift in to gears better. master cylinder for our cars sucks fluid from the brake fluid reservoir. also, brake fluid will help you stop! :p get more brake fluid, bleed clutch more

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i let u know after i get everything bleeded properly i seem to not do it the greatest...
ill fill my mc full
bleed valve open pedal down
bleeder closed pedal up
and so forth but maybe theres moisture in the lines etc.
sound right sorta? i never was told clearly on how to...
so ill pay for it and have it done properly maybe watch and learn

but would still wish to know about:
-grounds where are they located (engine bay)
-how to tighten e-brake at rear claipers?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright well one thing when i swapped the engine was i didnt pay attention to the coolant lines that attach to the fuel rail (or just under the fuel rail) from the fire wall sorta couldnt tell u exactly but there is 2 very close to eachother verically approx 1.25inches in diamater i wanna make sure there connected correctly and to the proper ports

nvm the more ill fix my own mistakes with out bothering you to much lol

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
This should do you .. shows what goes to where regards the egr and throttle body, leaving two bigger connections... one top, one bottom, this is where the heater natrix pipes go that come from the firewall..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you thank you and ill try the bleeding that way first i wasnt doing exactly that
and for the coolant
under the red hose and just above as well those to ports ... there is a bolt sticking up thats attached to where the port is and its for stock air intake
is that more specific?
photo shows nothing connected to them

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
and for the coolant
under the red hose and just above as well those to ports ... there is a bolt sticking up thats attached to where the port is and its for stock air intake
is that more specific?
photo shows nothing connected to them
See earlier response ...

This should do you .. shows what goes to where regards the egr and throttle body, leaving two bigger connections... one top, one bottom, this is where the heater matrix pipes go that come from the firewall

1 - 14 of 14 Posts