Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,
I am new here as you can see.
I am about to learn a lot about the mx6 as my mate has one and has a number of problems to go with it, so here we go
1. Needed new shocks, I have ordered a full set of new Macpherson's gas struts and shocks shipped from the us for $400 US is that a good price ?
2. I have ordered a strut brace $80 shipped
3. Looking for a sway bar
4. Need to replace the aircon hose between the compressor and the condenser is this a big job ?
5. We are after a number of odds and ends like fl fog light, drivers fuze box cap cab lights
6. And the biggest problem is the 4ws not working correct me if I am wrong but the first thing to do with the 4ws is to
.look at the fuse
.check out timing box is working
. ...
. ...??

As I do the work I will do a diy ?? Or have you guys all got them already?
Would like to help others to do the same if I can

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Struts sound alright considering the dollar at the moment - does that include postage? From memory when I last looked into strut replacements you are looking at at $700+ AU for something decent.

Strut brace - cheap DIY mod :)

Sway bar and aircon can't help sorry - though I dare say a re-gas will be required once fixed?

Odd parts - Hit up ebay - there is always someone wrecking a 626/MX6 there, or try the wreckers.

4WS - yes fuse would be the first thing to look at.

DIY where you can (depends on time/experience/money)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
For the air-con hose - you can find decent ones at your local wreakers. But other then original which is $$$ you can see if ENZED OR even perteK might be able too help out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you find the 4WS fuse?

I have a 4WS problem also. the computer in the back got wet & the 4WS stopped working (4WS dash light always on now). I can't find a fuse anywhere. I was hoping to see if the wetness problem caused a fuse to blow

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
it dosnt have a fuse that I know of ... could be the 4WS ECU is fraged. See if you can hook up with another member and swap in his computer and see if it works.
I have a brand new one in my shed at home .. but a bit hard to get to at the min.. maybe a wrecker if you do need one.
make sure the plug isn't just all corroded/oxidized from the moisture.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
If the 4ws ecu is a white box with relays in the boot (been a while since I looked in there) and its easy to get to you can have mine for $40 delivered. If its in a harder spot will be more. Im just a lazy prick but you will pay $200+ at a wrecker :).

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It's in the boot back left, under the little hatch two 10mm bolts and its out.. Oh and it's silver (just pressed tin) .

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
do you know for sure it is the ECU?.. sad to say i have a new one you can have at my house in perth.. but im not likely to be any place close to that for some time..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I assume it is the computer in the boot. It stopped working promptly when the compartment filled with water a few mths ago & the warning light was on the dashboard until I pulled the plug today, so I assume that it didn't like being under water & the warning light must have been generated by the computer, as it went out when I pulled the plugs. The wheels have been pointing straight since it stopped working, so no problems with steering or tyre wear, I just want the 4WS back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts