Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a 94/LS. It has all the bells and wistles except dual power seats and cd player. It has 60,000 miles. This will be my first one. What kind of problems should I start to look for in the near future? I have driven the car and have seen no appearent probs except a slight knock coming from under the front valve cover. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks for everyones time....

Rob

Mpulse Productions, Inc.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Check for oil in the spark plug wells, rear calipers on '93 & '94 models have been known to seize. At 60k mi definitly make sure the timing belt was replaced.
Oh and this post should have been under 2nd Gen ('93 - '97), not 1st gen

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome and congrats. That noise is probably noisy HLA's which can be alleviated by using synthetic blends or full synthetic oils. Mobil 1 oil is sworn by many here. Timely oil changes are important too. As far as frequent probs, there are the rear-calipers, 02 sensors, valve cover gaskets, distributor, timing belt is due to be changed. The engine is non-interference so if it does break you will be just dead in the water. This question has been asked a lot so you can do a search in this forum for "buying mx6" or something like that and you will be able to pull up more info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
At 100K+ it is fairly common for the oil pressure sender to start leaking oil. I don't remember how much it was, but it might be worth doing a preemptive replacement at 95K to avoid running out of oil unexpectedly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts