Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is before my race with the 2000 Grandam GT last night. I saw what appeared to be a decent little black 4door car. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that it was a Geo Prism. At 1st, I thought he put those emblems on a different car, because this little prism looked half A$$ decent (yeah, yall are probably thinking "Yea Right!"). Anyway, he had exhaust on it, I pulled up beside him to see if he wanted to race...he..he.. he wouldn't even look my direction. So I gave up and got in a different lane, then then I hear him all getting on it and sh!t, so even though I was seriously delayed, I still flew by the little guy.

Guess what he had on the hood? "powered by TOYOTA". OK. If it wouldn't have been for that sticker, and a couple other stickers on it, I would say it was the sweetest Geo Prism I had ever seen! (That ain't really saying much though).

F&ck!! I'm going to start carrying a cheap camera with me!! I want to share these cars I see with the rest of the world!!

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Actually, the Geo is indeed "powered by Toyota". The Prizm is/was built at a factory in Fremont California known as "NUMMI", which is a joint venture of GM and Toyota. The Prizm is as close mechanically to the Toyota Corolla as the Ford Probe is to the Mazda MX6.

Still, that sticker is silly, but to each his own.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering if there was some sort of truth to the Powered by TOYOTA sticker!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i just got a new sticker...

says "powered by midgets" on my hood. let me tell ya, no one messes with me now...LOL!! some ppl...jesh.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
44 Posts
I saw a mustang v6 (one pipe w/o special hood or whatever) but this dumbass had put the cobra emblems on the sides all i could do was laff at his dumbass!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i got a better one

Now correct me if I wind up sounding dumb but I knew this guy in highschool 5 years ago who had a 93 Camaro. He told everybody he drove a Z28, but there was no Z28 tag on the car. His explanation was he removed it to not draw attention. So i said nice single tip exhaust which he replied they didn't have dual exhaust in 93 for a Z!!! We all just laughed. My friend in his Civiv Hatchback (GSR motor and fully tricked) raced him and spanked him, but this poor kid still wouldn't give it up! To this day he drives a Z!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well since we're on the topic of dumdasses and posers out there. I have a little story also. This is not the first time that I've seen civics with "Type R" stickers on them. But this guy has to be the best one of them all. He was sitting really low (probably hiding).. big ass tip, and i mean.. really really big. He has cheap "chrome" hubs from Canadian Tire for like 10 bucks.. and he had a hugh sticker on the windshield that says Type R. So I pulled up to him and yelled. I didn't know a four door LX can be a Type R, did you import that from Japan or did you buy the car from Canadian Tire? I was wanting to race him, but he was really slow off the line, trying to ignore me.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I saw a mustang "cobra" get thoroughly spanked by a Mustang GT the other day... surprisingly the black "cobra" only had one exhaust.... LOL

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, I see so many posers, it is unreal. There are more Type-R Civics, Sentras, Geos, etc... around Dallas than you might imagine. I usually post them up, and I have posted the funniest one I have seen....

I like Hyundai Tiburons, they're cute. I saw one with dual exhaust one time. You might be saying, Hey, that ain't bad. Well, this dual exhaust is the kind like on the Viper, that come out from both sides from about under the front of the door, and extend almost to the rear tire. I would attempt to tell yall how ridiculous it looked, but you had to see that one yourselves. And yes, it had a big giant wing on the trunk also.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Rice is so prevelant in Dallas it's crazy!!! I see it everywhere I go when I go home. I see these old hondas with the Type Pep-Boys exhaust tips! The best place to see rice in Dallas is Jotech! The only good car there is Kenny Tran's Supra...500 hp to the wheels. The rest of the parking lot has so much rice I'd be full in a week after dining!

·
Registered
734 Posts
we have a racing strip in Westminster Colorado where I like to freely dine on burnt rice

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was at a local shop just saturday, buying a couple gauges, and some little spanish kid came in and bought those ugly glow in the dark Acura badges and a "Type R" badge for his 4 door "LS" Integra. Probably automatic too. After he left, even the sales guy in the shop was laughing. He said, "those little ricer kids make my bank!" It was some funny shit.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, who would have known you could make so much off of selling Type R badges and cute little Honda emblems???? Man, I should have invested stock into whatever company ACTUALLY makes those things (probably Honda), they may be making more money off their badges and crap than the cars themselves...LOL!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey!!! Before too long, there is going to be like a "black market" for those type of emblems and junk. You'll be able to buy one that was stolen off of a REAL Type R, or Si, and pay $10 instead of $20 for it!!!

Think about it, if the ricer knows it came off of a REAL Type R or whatever, he'll know his car will be even faster!!

Could you imagine? You walk up to your buddy's Integra Type R (the real one), get to walking around it, all the little touches that make come with the type are (appearance wise) are missing, stereo and all that is still there. He...he..

I could see it!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I love that Supra at Jotech. Went there one time while I was in Dallas, and just sat and drooled for like 10 min. My wife wasn't sure I didn't have a seizure or something.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw a female driver in a Sunfire GT tonite and on the side of her car.. she has a sticker that says "Bite Me Honda Boy".. I rolled down my window to tell her that I love her sticker, but she wouldn't look at me at all cuz there was a civic right behind me. She probably thought that my car was a Honda or something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my friends and I put a type R coffie can on my friends accord. We put a huge cardboard fin on it. We also put POWERED BY GAS on it. and we had dragging cardboard MUGEN ground effects.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.