Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about time to take off the alum. wing. Im goin for the more stock yet eye catching look. I just got the 3 piece lip in from caesar and i fiber glassed over my foglight inserts"kinda like wrx sti's".Anyways, im lookin to get a new wing, what wing other than stock would match up with our lines.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
they don't make aluminum spoliers. they make aluminum wings.

personally, i dispise aluminum b/c of it's tacky nature. it's not installed yet and i might be selling it if i get one of the x's cf covered fg trunks, but i decided on going w/ a cf wing, and right now the sides are black (they're fiberglass, not metal like the aluminum wings) and i was going to color match them to whatever i paint my car (prolly mazdaspeed orange).

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
FUjii13 said:
they don't make aluminum spoliers. they make aluminum wings.

personally, i dispise aluminum b/c of it's tacky nature. it's not installed yet and i might be selling it if i get one of the x's cf covered fg trunks, but i decided on going w/ a cf wing, and right now the sides are black (they're fiberglass, not metal like the aluminum wings) and i was going to color match them to whatever i paint my car (prolly mazdaspeed orange).
disregard all of my posts. i'm a retard, i thought you were trying to put an aluminum wing on your car. i didn't realize you were taking it off. GOOD!

but yeah, that's what i plan on doing w/ my car, altho i think a (and u'd prolyl have to go custom b/c i don't think they make them for our cars) i like the three piece spoilers that line up when the trunk is closed to look like one piece (one piece on each side of the trunk spoiler.)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i personnally like the stock wing..... plus i have one forsale ;) PM me if interested.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I see how you like it then....lol

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
CustomMX6 said:
I see how you like it then....lol
i bought one of my mx6's without a wing and i bought one for it but never got around to putting it on and now im short on money, so everything i owns forsale, for the right price.......... @- ;)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
APR Carbon Fiber Wing.

http://store3.yimg.com/I/ntnsracing_1768_11845981

I will need the Extra Downforce when I'm goin 180 +..... VRROOOMM.

Depends are what you want. I like Function and looks. More Function, because all of the Ricers who have No clue what Downforce does and why you even need a wing. Real racers know. On a track and on the highway, or even on the front cover of SUPER STREET>>>

Bartley})

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice drag wing carl, have any pics of it on car, i was actually thinking about getting one of those originally, the main point of this thread was a fiberglass one though, i didnt realize that i never actually stressed that. Will eclipse gst wings fit? Looking for that rounded look to compliament that nice tail of ours.

·
Registered
202 Posts
wing...

i also would be interested in seeing a pic of that cf wing on carl1s car. personally i like the fg one on rogues car which is similar to the one i have...yet to be installed tho!!! grr....

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
some1 talked of taking the stock 3 pc wing from the mr2. that would look awesome...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
What kind is on rogue's? That looks pretty frinkin' cool. My car is going through some extensive body changes and have a photoshop of what I am aiming to finish with(pic hadda be downsized to be uploaded so it got distorted). I think the wing rogue has would look great on it. If anyone else has suggestions, please reply.

·
Registered
202 Posts
wing...

rogues wing is some sort of drag wing, what its application is im not exactly sure, but the one i have for mine is meant for one of the year civics and is exactly the right width for my deck lid. one of the black widow drag wings id assume might fit our trunks too...someone should match em up one time to see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts