Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on this board with a 93-97LS that has a glasspack? If so are you satisfied with it? is it loud? and what legnth should it be? what is stock exhaust piping? Do I need a tip or not?
THANKS,
Bryan

[Edited by mx6-LS on 04-16-2001 at 03:01 PM]

G

·
0 Posts
I'm just about to put a glasspack on my '93 LS MX-6 and I will have a chrome tip with it. I will let you know how it sounds, because I have no idea as of right now . . .

Right now I have no muffler at all--it's just a straight pipe, but it's way too loud.

Oh, and my name is Bryan too . . . Cool! (You're MX-6 doesn't happen to be Silver, is it?)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey dudes, I gotta glasspack on my v6.

#1 it is loud, not too loud and u do get used to the sound. I ahve yet to be bothered by any cops about it but I am prepared to take some slack eventaully because it is somewhat loud.

#2 I have 2 1/4 piping and a big 4 inch chrome tip on the end. The larger the piping, the more sound it will generate. The tip is just for looks and does nto affect anythign as far as sound or hp is concerned.

I have yet to go for inspecting with my new custom set up and am worried that it may not pass the emisions part of the test but I do not have to go untill 2002 so Im not so worried, yet.

Finally, this really belongs in teh performance section not the lounge but its no biggie...

G

·
0 Posts
I dont ahve a glasspack....but i do have a straight pipe....i love it...

gives it a nice roar.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys! Did you notice and low end loss when you put it on? Is it pretty agressive sounding?
thanks again,
Bryan

G

·
0 Posts
minimal loss, nothing u could realllly tell.....

omg it sounds amazing....doesnt sound to ricey on the 6....but my friend has a mx6 4banger and it sounds sooooo ricey.....i say go w/straight pipe...and if you dont like it...put ur glasspack on

G

·
0 Posts
A glasspack will add nice depth to the sound. I have one on my turbo I6 280ZX and it sounds very nice! With 2.5" piping. As long as you can pass the sniffer test (you still have the cat on right?), then you should be just fine. Walker makes a good one, I believe it can be found at http://www.summitracing.com

Remember the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard? Although totally different engines, it used glasspacks on its exhaust...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts