Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
pupchick just gave me an idea.

Would any Brizzy boys (or boy-ettes ;) ) be interested in going carting one weekend? We could meet up, have a race or ten, have a barbie and a few beers.
My schedules pretty nutz up until Jan 10th, but anytime after that would be sweet. That gives everyone plenty of notice to get their sh!t in a pile. I wouldn't care which one we went to. Archerfield is fast, Willowbank is closest to me with a great track layout but they're 4-strokers. I don't care where, but it would be a good day I'm sure.
You can get 45 minutes in (3x 15mins) for about $55. For anyone who hasn't carted, after 45 mins your arms feel like they're someone elses. Or depending on numbers, you can organize a race meet,with qualifying & heats etc.

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Depending on when, but yea I'm interested...

Skirmish is more fun though, it could be first gens Vs 2nd Gens...

Then again, we could do that in carting, but we all know who is fastest anyway :)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tripharn said:

Skirmish is more fun though, it could be first gens Vs 2nd Gens...

Ahhh.....takes me back to 'Narm...... There we were, 2 against 20 .......... and didn't we give those 2 a hiding they won't forget.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I will probably be down to brisbane sometime in january about big day out time for a couple weeks so I would be in if I did.

I still dont know if to fly or bring the TX, but ~1500km (or is it 1800km) on the highway with no aircon, now that sucks!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure someone will hook you up with transport if you need it man.
Well that's maybe 4. I've got a desent chance of getting on the podium the way it's going.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I have transport once down there fortunately, might work out cheaper to drive from townsville though if some friends come down.

The old boy lives there so I have his VY berlina to cruise around in, sooo much makes me want the leather and climate control :) Thats if it doesnt get crashed (for the 3rd time in 3 months) and written off.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Karting is one of the funnest cheapest motorsports out there to get into :)

would be funny to see the 1st gen vs 2ng gen rively :D

timtx5 - you got a window dont you :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've been to the old archerfield track, and the new archerfield track. The new one is more fun :)

First time I went with a group of 12, did practice, qualifying and race. I won.

Second time we had a group of 9, I was fastest in practice and qualifying so they made it reverse grid for the race, and I still won @-

If I'm free at the time I would probably come along and stick up for the 2nd Gen boys. })

·
Registered
342 Posts
count me in :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hell yeah !!!

archefield is good : new longer track i think from memory about 800 meters now from 500 that it used to be.

i would love to go with you dogs. (not that i will win or anything, just for fun.) :D

WES: THEY STILL HAVE THE PUSH START KARTS OR THEY uPGRADED THEMSELVES.??

ps: did the brizzy cruise go on or What

can't even find a post for it..

the poll said 8th to suns. coast , what happened.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Anyone still up for this in january? I just booked my flights, im there from the 15th to 28th, thats makes 2 possible weekends, but I beleive big day out is the 18th?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts