Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I just picked up my 95 MX6, with 160,000 K's on it. It was in pretty resonable shape, but one thing thats really getting at me, is this whining sound.

It comes on normaly, when I have elecrtics going, like the radio or lights or whatever. When I press on the clutch, is disapears, and gets louder and whinier? as i accelerrate.

I think it's a pulley or the alternator, but, I really don't know anything about cars.

Perhaps it's unrelated, but the cd-player is an old clarion 38 something, but it has alot of problems playing cd's. Alot of the times ill pop in a cd, and it'll keep jumping and skipping, until sometimes, I put it in, and it plays fine. Is the cd-player just gone? or is it related somehow? Sometimes it'll play flawlessy, but other times, not so flawlessly.

Thanks for anyhelp you's can provide.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Yeah that sounds either alternator problem or maybe just loose belt. You can try to tighten them and see if that helps.

Mici

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
it sounds more like a bad ground on your sterio system to me. the same thing happened on the sterio in my bros car. it took us forever to figure out what was making the whine

·
Registered
165 Posts
Weres the whining coming from the Speakers or the engine bay? If its the speakers then it either the engine has bad ground which is known with the mazdas or the raido is not grounded properly. If its in the engine just tightent the alt belt and go from there. If you tightent the alt belt and it stops then comes back then you could just get a gator back belt and if you have a shop install have them check for a water pump leak. It could be some other things but lets start with that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a loud whining in my car when it was cold most often. It is ANNOYING AS HELL..anyways it ended up being a loose belt so get it tightened and the problem will disappear..It's so nice having a quiet car after getting my belt fixed and disconnecting my retarded antenna

1 - 6 of 6 Posts