Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No it's not what you think...I'm going down south tomorrow with the love of my life ..Oh and the Mises.
I'm going to open her up on the open roads and see just what she can do, the MX6 that is, not the mises {allthow you never know your luck in a small city.:D}.
I've had her up to ~185 before, but I've made a few changes since then, so we will see what we will see!
I was just wondering....
The factory top speed of the Aussie MX6?
Is there a speed limiter in the ecu?
How fast have you got your Mex upto?
If you don’t heir back from me then "I went too fast"
C-YA
PK

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying to be carefull with the car ...Or the boss?;)LOL
I will. I know the roads fairly well and only plan on going fast if it is modaretly safe to do so.
Nice to know you care..

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You can do it. 217Km/h You'll need a very long straight piece of road to reach this. Getting to around 180-190 is easy and then it slowly gets to 217. Make sure your brakes are upto it.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm back!
And it was smooth sailing...cruised most of the way at 130.
But only managed to get her up to 195..
Not that the Mex wasn't up for it. It was p!s!ng rain and that was fast enough thank you very much !!
Maybe next time I'll go north it's allot dryer up there and straighter too.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
195 in rain is bloody good. No room mistakes in that kind of conditions.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"FARKEN 'A' MATE...FARKEN 'A' .."

·
Registered
362 Posts
The most i've ever taken mine too was a shade over 200, but that was with 3 people in the car, and just a rampod hanging off the vaf sucking hot air. she was still climbing,very slowly, but I ran out of straight. 195 in the rain:eek: not sure if you've got balls of steel or brains of rock, but glad you kept it on the road :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
damn! both my 1st gen turbo's have had 180km/h limiters. :(
spose the up side of this is that when im racing on the m1 it keeps my top speed down to less dangerous speeds:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Jimsix - I drive the M1 every day look out for me I'm in a blue 4ws turbo (standard rims but lowered) with a koni equipped badge. I think I might seen you once on the M1 early in the morning, is yours a red mx6 ?

Domo.

·
Registered
342 Posts
hey donic, i think i have seen your car before. mines a white 91 with 17" chromies. Most of the times im cruising on the m1 is on friday and sat nights/early mornings. (going to and from the g/ coast!) i love that road for racing and so does my mx6! start at 2600 in third and all the way to 6100 in fourth(180km/h) its the perfect road for doing this. as long as there is no traffic around, i believe this is a lot safer than racing in town/from the lights ect!!! latley the police haven't however:(

·
Registered
73 Posts
jimsix

I've seen your car, the white colour really stands out if you see me we can cruise, that would be cool.
Watch out for the unmarked patrol cars on the M1, there is a metalic gold commodore station wagon and a metalic silver sedan.
Anything over 120Klms and the police will chase after you, I've been lucky so far. I'd love to go flat out down there one night, it's a great road and the mx6 just beggs to be driven faster.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
My fastest is 190km/h, on my own but in 33 degrees at 1:30 in the afternoon. It would have probably got faster but I eased off as i didnt think it was too smart to go any faster.

I was actually trying to catch up with another tx5 with 3 people in the car and who was still pulling away at that speed.
Also done 180 at which time my alternator belt snapped, so that was pretty bad.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To das00 I'd say! : 195 in the rain not sure if you've got balls of steel or brains of rock : a bit of both : but glad you kept it on the road : ...Me to!
It was long and flat and I've got plenty of rubber on my 225s..But certainly I wouldn’t have been stoping in a hurry.!!.
PK

·
Registered
342 Posts
hey domic, ill be on the lookout for you next time im cruising;) i think its time we organise a gold coast cruise! what do you think?

hey timtx5, do tx5 turbo's have a speed cut??? most mx6 turbo's do, but i have met some people you say they dont? its hard to work out which models do and dont!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The TX5 and turbo has a speed limiter at 180km/h which can be removed.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I dont think mine has a speed limiter and i doubt it has been removed because my car is completely stock. I think that may be the post 90 AV models ma have. Mine is an 89 AT2. The AV's had some changes and had better fuel economy apparently(suggests computer changes maybe), also had different front grill, tail lights and side indicators to match legistlation changes. I guess maybe the speed limiter was also added at some point.

TIm

·
Registered
73 Posts
cool, a cruise to the gold coast sounds like a plan.:cool: count me in, anyone else up for it ?

BTW I might be wrong but I'm quite sure there is no speed limiter on the mx6 4ws turbo., once upon a time I had 190klms on the dial and it was still going.

·
Registered
342 Posts
one of my mates has a 89 mx6 turbo 4ws (mtx). it's bone stock and it still has a 180 km'h limiter. wierd huh?

·
Registered
73 Posts
where abouts is the limter ? how do I check to see if I have one fitted to my car. Not that I plan on on doing over 180klms for daily use. I'm curious.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts