Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, e85. What all needs to be replaced on our cars to use it? I know you have to spray more fuel and what not. Actual physical parts on the car though, Is it just basic swap out all the fuel lines and filter? The fuel pump I'm using (walbro 255) says it's e85 compatible. Just looking to see how much is involved in using e85 in our cars. Appreciate any info.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
So, e85. What all needs to be replaced on our cars to use it? I know you have to spray more fuel and what not. Actual physical parts on the car though, Is it just basic swap out all the fuel lines and filter? The fuel pump I'm using (walbro 255) says it's e85 compatible. Just looking to see how much is involved in using e85 in our cars. Appreciate any info.
Well your asking the wrong question, -what all needs to be replaced on a gasoline engine to run E85?.

How much fuel can flow through 5/16" (if I recall) fuel lines.
What size injectors are needed for the horse power goals you've set (with a few extra CC's for versatility).
Is the fuel pump, filter and rail capable of supporting the injectors you choose to run E85 with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
^ This is a good start. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be considered making the switch to a different fuel like E85

1 - 3 of 3 Posts