Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Movie Gone in 60 Seconds, right at the beginning when the Silver Porsche gets stolen, he pulls up beside a supped up Honda, and the Honda Keeps up with it!! The Porsche was a Turbo 911. How the hell can a Honda keep up with a Porsche? ( or was it just to make the scene more exciting??)

Little Bastard,
P.S
I just had to ask, I'm a HUGE Porsche Fan ( Little Bastard = James Dean = Porsche 550 Spyder ) and everytime I watch the movie, it bothers me!

Thanks People,

·
Registered
106 Posts
The silver porsche in that movie was not a turbo. It was a carrera. They have 298 hp stock, and a punked out honda could hang with one if it was modded to the hilt, but I still would rather have the porsche.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damm,

Yeah, arn't I cool. You are right about the Turbo thing. However, I totally agree with you about having a Porsche! Are there any Movies With a Six in it???

Little Bastard,

·
Registered
106 Posts
That scene bothers me too, but it just shows you that a fast car doesn't always mean your car has class, heratige, or is even taken seriously by other car enthusiasts. I love Porshes too, and wait the day I win the powerball so I can buy a GT-1 strasseversion. Btw have you seen the new gt-2? It is pretty kick ass.

Hopefully I will have a 911 in a couple of years to go along with my six.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Of course, the drivers of the respective cars could have been simply following what the script said to do...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to Hollywood. That Civic would have to be pushing 15 pounds of boost and a little NOS to keep up with a 911. No simple bolt-ons could have done that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dunno man, if I could have a CIVIC that was that fast I would probably take it. I mean people would expect you to be able to haul ass in the Porsche. But to be running 12s in a civic on the Street? We're talking serious hustling on some street racing and enough money to buy whatever you want!

·
Registered
332 Posts
NOS in a turbo car....What are you nuts?!?!? Cant do it. The engine would be history before you took your finger off the switch.

G

·
Something about those hybrid Civic hatches always appealed to me. Especially when they have turbo. I've seen a guy with a hatch who had a modded out VTEC Prelude motor and a Greddy turbo running at 12 psi and he was putting down 374 hp to the wheels. That much power in a car that small is a force to be reckoned with.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
that civic was not one of tose riced out ones either. it was built for speed and looks. rice mean just looks and the person thinks it is still fast because it looks cool. this has been a topic in here before and i started and a long time ago. but hey i dont care. the Civic was tight i think!!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
okay... i think he had a built B16A...heres why:

A) he has the money...easily. just look at the girl in the passenger seat!

B) you cant run 15 turbo PSI on stock pistons. (though he could have been running NOS. honda engines have stock forged pistons).

C) keeping up with a porshe??? i saw no white smoke out of the tailpipes of the civic so...

lemme at'im!!! ...LOL.

my question is... if hes got that kinda money, why not just take the lotus elise. ill find a way to register the S190...LOL

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's the simple answer guys...Anyone check out the last months Sport Compact Car. Vortech blower on a Civic Si...282 hp and about 180 lb-ft of torque. A hp curve that just kept going up even at redline and a torque curve as flat as the desk I'm sitting at.
You set that up with some drag slicks and I bet you could have it keeping up with that Porsche.

·
Registered
390 Posts
500 HP+ Honda CRX..

Has anyone but me read the article in Hot Rod magazine about a year ago, that had a 1,950 pound Hond CRX with over 500 ponies in it?? No that is just plain wrong... LOL

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thread,

Damm, when I started this thread i didn't know i'd get so many different reactions! Thanks!
About the Civic thing, I thought it looked SUPER HOT! ( The Girl in It, NOT the Civic)
Although, The Honda did look really nice though. I'm not one for bashing other cars! To each his/her own!

·
Registered
390 Posts
You don't have to worry about trashing other cars, coz ya didn't.. You asked a very honest question.. It's just that some people blow things way outta proportion...

·
Registered
287 Posts
My conflict with the movie is why they didn't steal an RX-7??? Give some love to Mazda too for pete's sake!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah!!

You have to admit, the new generation of RX-7's are pretty slick.. Not to mention quick as hell...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts