Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of anywhere in NY/NJ/PA I can get a custom exhaust made without being charged out the ass for it? IMP-AUTO in clifton wants like $500 and that aint even stainless. I've heard people saying they got custom mandrel pipes bent for $100 and change.

G

·
I got a custom setup done on my Z after I put the turbo engine in. It included everything behind the stock midpipe (off turbo) which was hi-flow cat converter, 2 1/2" stainless piping & hangers, 4" (dia.) glasspack, and 3" chrome tip. Everything is stainless, but it wasn't done with mandrel bends. I got a fair price @ $460 for everything. Sounds great too. The place is called Stainless Steel Exhaust and is located in Avalon, right outside Pittsburgh here in PA.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got one for you.
Mainekee on rt.22E in Springfield or Mountainside (one of those). Don't know how much they are going to charge you but they are reasonable. They modified my Greedy and welded the flexpipe on my HS headers.

Ask for Pedro, he is an ok dude. Tell him the dude with a broken Mx-6 header sent you. Maybe he remembers me :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know of a place in Paramus, NJ. It's the meineke on forest ave. right before you go over Rt. 4. I'm sure you if u take the exit off Rt.4 east right after you pass the bergen mall it will put you on forest. Email me for better directions.
Anyway, the guy told me he'd put on a custom exhaust complete with a "turbo" stainless steel muffler for about $150. That sounds real good and I'm gonna get it done this spring. Ill let you know how it comes out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
allworld, that's exactly what I had done. Meineke in Edison, NJ. They can get flowmasters or cherry bombs or the brand I got which was Maremont. It sounds very slightly louder than stock, and I got a new resonator pipe (extra $150) cause mine had started rusting. Its smaller than stock, "turbo" and they made a Y-pipe out of it with chrome ends so I could keep the dual look. I'm not happy at all with the ends, but the system sounds fine and performs better than my old leaky exhaust. Just make sure they don't rush the job. Mine was hanging too low and had a couple rubbing spots they had to tweak on a second visit.
btw, anyone know what size a stock resonator and cat are? I've heard 2.25

[Edited by DedlineNJ on 02-24-2001 at 06:08 PM]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts