Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good deal

i bought a universal muffler on ebay from V-tecspeed or how ever he has it spelled and i expected it to sound ricey cause its only 30.50 with shipping and handling the muffler itself is only 8.50 or 8 , well i went to the muffler shop around here and got it put on, it cost like 54.11 with tax to get it put on cause he had to make custom brackets since it had none, well there was a subaru wrx sti in the shop getting a full exaust put on and i heard some car start up that was really deep and sounded good as hell, i thought it was the wrx then i see my car pull out and im like what the hell, it ended up being really deep and sounded good, i was expecting loud and ricey but its almost a euro sound with how deep it is, anyways im just telling u guys if u want a cheap muffler that sounds good look up v-techspeed on ebay, it took me 7 buissness days after i ordered it to get here but it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
universal muffler off of ebay......V-tecspeed.....sounds like its going to sounds like a monkey farting into a can of angry bees to me

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Our cars have a naturally good sound. I drove for a few blocks to the muffler shop one time with no muffler, and it was loud but deep. Sounded decent, but man I can't stand loud mufflers for long periods of time....

·
Registered
32 Posts
_MX_6_6_6_ said:
i bought a universal muffler on ebay from V-tecspeed or how ever he has it spelled and i expected it to sound ricey cause its only 30.50 with shipping and handling the muffler itself is only 8.50 or 8 , well i went to the muffler shop around here and got it put on, it cost like 54.11 with tax to get it put on cause he had to make custom brackets since it had none, well there was a subaru wrx sti in the shop getting a full exaust put on and i heard some car start up that was really deep and sounded good as hell, i thought it was the wrx then i see my car pull out and im like what the hell, it ended up being really deep and sounded good, i was expecting loud and ricey but its almost a euro sound with how deep it is, anyways im just telling u guys if u want a cheap muffler that sounds good look up v-techspeed on ebay, it took me 7 buissness days after i ordered it to get here but it was worth the wait.
That is the longest Run-on sentance i've ever read.

wow.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
lol, the threads just get so much dumber this time of year. "omg im not a ricer because my 85hp dx sounds DEEP, weeee"

dude that thing is so slow, you should be charging admission to ride in that horse and carriage

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Actually I think that this is a good thing that he shares that with us.

We all wonder if the sound is gonna be ricey when we buy mufflers.

Got any link man??

Peace
NSXR

·
Registered
381 Posts
whatcha guys think about 2inch pipin all way back with no cat or res... to a 3chamber muffler?? anyone done it on our cars??? sound good? or will i be first to try it out and see how it goes?

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
I bypassed the resonator and get comments about the exhaust being too loud as is. Bypassing the cat would make it that much louder. When I busted the flexpipe and all the exhaust exited under the car it was seriously louder than any car on the road.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kids these days always wanna make fun of somthing, just cause i put a muffler on my car that sounds good dont mean im gonna go and race around, im making my car the way i want it i aint trying to be the fastest retard on the road. i was just throwing it out that i found a cheap muffler that sounds good and the guy seems to be trustworthy who sells it, hard to find on ebay every1` changes thier minds on ebay. i suck at grammer so who cares, if your that worried about my grammer u got to much free time on ur hands. the link to the seller is http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=v-tecspeed&item=8018726020&iid=8018726020&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:SID and the link to the titanium tip muffler like i got is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N1-TITANIUM-TIP-RACING-MUFFLER-UNIVERSAL-ALL-CARS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33636QQitemZ8024771601QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Hell yeah. I think dual will look nice on these cars, the back is so flat it needs to be simetrical.
Not really... Ive seen duals on our cars. The rear isnt set-up for duals. It can be done but the mufflers are pushed all the way to the bumpers (bumper sides).

Also depends on the mufflers, there was a member on here with dual canister style mufflers. Looked pretty nice but didnt fit well. Just looked weird with the mufflers close to the tires.

whatcha guys think about 2inch pipin all way back with no cat or res... to a 3chamber muffler?? anyone done it on our cars??? sound good? or will i be first to try it out and see how it goes?
I dont know, just try it and see. If it sounds bad add a resonator. Pretty sure that 2in straight through will have somewhat of a buzzy sound.

have fun passing inspection with that
He lives in FL.... I myself have 3in turbo-back no cat, no resonator, and no muffler. My car has buzz. If I rev any higher than 3500rpms, as the rpms fall my car has a somewhat buzzy tone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts