Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok seen a lot of these questions and i may have a solution that isnt usually stated in the responses to this problem. I just got my exhaust in and was going to take the car to put it on. Just my usual luck it dosent want to start, i checked the fuel and the plugs were soaked plus i pulled the plugs and had decent spark. I got new plugs and aired the cylinders out so there was no excess fuel and still nothing. I tried messing with the timing and when i rotated the dist. there was all kinds of clicking and switches turning on. I set it back and it clicked again, i did this several times and kept getting the same results. I checked the harness and found that when i moved the forward most wire on the dist. i got the clicking, after cutting the loom back i noticed the wires were bare and touching each other tripping multiple relays. Once the wires were seperated the car started fine. I also have a friend with a 94 mx-6 we checked his wires and they were almost in the same condition. I am not sure if this is a common problem but its worth a check if you have spark and fuel and the car wont start but appears to try. Hope this helps some people.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
back on this issue does anyone know where to find replacement connectors? I want a new one plus the harness is too short so its really straining the wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts