Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm not very experienced with cars and I was wondering if anybody who lives in the Toronto area knows any good service centres or mechanics for Mazda, and MX6 in particular. The Mazda dealership service is kinda expensive and I don't really trust them, it looks like they do the job in a hurry. I'm not looking for the cheapest one, I'm more interrested in the quality of the work. Thanks in advance for any information.

Narcis

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your right Mazda dealers are to damn expensive, I have been to several shops around the GTA but always was unsatisfied with the work/price/HONESTY... I now have been going to a guy that I met at another big retail mechanic shop (I won't specifywhich shop) but from the start this guy was honest with me and knew that I do not trust any mechanics, He went out of his way to gain my trust and did plus he ended up leaving that shop cause they asked him to be dishonest to increase there gross profit margin, that is the day he resigned......anyways to make a long story short the shop is called Reliable Proffessional Mechanics (R.P.M) your welcome to give him a call and judge for yourself!!

Reliable Professional Mechanics (R.P.M)
106 Regina Road Unit 3
Woodbridge, Ontario
L4L 8M8
Phone: (905) 851-RPM2 (7762)
Fax: (905) 851-7341

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I think I'll call that guy, I have some repairs to do, and hopefully some mods after that, but probably at another shop.

Narcis

·
Registered
52 Posts
No Prblem....Let me know where you would get some mods done...I have been looking into myself as well.....Thanx

·
Registered
763 Posts
Truesay, it is SOO hard to find a shop&or mechanic that you can fully trust and be confident When you hand over your keys ...

Every place is about makin money, and everyone is greedy

I was watching a thing on TV saying that ENOUGH places where they brought a 'test' car to, the either OVER CHARGED by a lot of money, or even worse they DIDNt PERFORM the work that was SUPPOSED to be done..

and TORONTO was the worst rated city out of all of CANADA

all Im saying, be careful where you take your car, and if you can stay and WATCh your work being done

it;s a greedy world we live in, it all revolves round the money

·
Registered
763 Posts
oh yeh, btw I usually take my car to North Toronto Mazda at yonge and steeles.... well actually Glen Cameron & Yonge, just a little North of Steeles off Yonge

Obvioulsy its a little more expensive cause its the dealership, but I like getting the "genuine" mazda parts (how could you go wrong) and the guys there are alright too...

ohh well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey AMX62NV,

The guys from RPM asked me who you are, they were curious. I went there a few times and I'm pretty happy so far, they did a good job and got me better prices than the dealership. You asked me where I'd do the mods, you can do mods with them, I'm not sure if everything but a lot of stuff anyways. They told me they could lower it, they have Eibach I think. I also got new 17" wheels and Toyo tires from them, they're great, my car runs a lot nicer with them. I know 2 or 3 other places for mods, I got some business cards from some guys when I went to the Darknights, but I don't know how expensive or how good they are, so I can't recommend anybody yet, cause I didn't get anything done, except for the wheels.

Later,
Narcis

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree with sick6 about the Mazda Parts and Service shop on Glenn Cameron, I buy all my Mazda replacement parts there and they always give me a great discount.
But all my labour is done by either a family mechanic or Brake Tech on Green Lane in Markham/ Thornhill......prices are excellent and just tell him Jon with the Blue MX6 sent you and he'll give you a deal.

·
Registered
763 Posts
jonjon

Yeh, you're really lucky if you got someone (familly friend etc) that is a mechanic, cause its really hard to trust people with your car, cause it is such a big investment

and I'd kill someoen if they ****ed up my ride

but yeh the North Toronto Mazda has done alright work for me still

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No way

The best shop to get service in Ontrio for our cars is:

A-Spec.
www.a-spec.ca
46 Shaft Road near Kipling and Belfield (airport)

Ask for Steve/Paul/Julio.

They know their shit and they will undercut dealer pricing by at least 20%. The only drawback is that they are so damned busy -- they are one of THE shops for rotaries and KL03 engines in Ontario.

·
Registered
763 Posts
A-spec?

Kipling and Belfield?

Hmm, might have to go investigate....

I've heard a lot bout that shop still,,, what do they do, specialize in aftermarket shit or just mechanic repairs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought Mazda 626 LX 2002. I would like to change the timing belt (118,000 km). I live in Toronto / Markham area.

Is Reliable Professional Mechanics still a good place to go in 2007?
The last article mentioned about this place was about 6 years ago.

Also, I cannot find North Toronto Mazda at yonge and steeles.... well actually Glen Cameron & Yonge, just a little North of Steeles off Yonge.

The only Mazda Dealer is South of Steeles on yonge.

Does anyone have a good reference for mechanic who understands Mazda 626?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts