Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for one, can someone point me in the right direction? I'd even be willing to drive to San Jose for someone i can trust.

·
Registered
69 Posts
what do you need done? I'd be willing to do it depending on what it was...

I will probably cost a LOT less than Mr Mazda too...

You have to drive to Vallejo though.. Not too bad..

·
Registered
965 Posts
I know of a shop that diagnosed my car for smog referee reasons, and they found the problem without trying to add-on charges. They might have been honest, because of the smog ref. situation, but I think it was because they are just an honest shop.

If you are interested, the shop is in Newark - Behind the Costco, just off of the 880 (Mowry Exit). It is the first shop you come to, when you enter the first driveway on your right.

I will get the number and exact address for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gavin: Thanks again for letting me know about Mr. Mazda. It's a two man show over there, one guy working the night shift and mr. mazda himself working during the day. Just meeting him gave me the impression he was a good guy let alone the fact that he fixed my car without trying to **** me over.

jon93PGT: At idle speed after the car is hot and been drivin a bit will start to drop RPM's (from 700 to as low as 50) when i stop and sometimes stall out. After replacing a Boost senser it stopped stalling so much, but non-the-less still will. Mr. Mazda told me the idle air control valve was bad and so he cleaned it and reset the idle speed. Since then the car has not stalled YET...but it has tryed.

So i need an idle air control valve running at $600. Needless to say i'm going to fine my oun at this place "Mazda auto recycling" and go from there.

Is this a job you can do?

Either way thank you for the offer.

mxsixin: Would love a # and address, thank you. How much do they charge an hr do you know? Mr. Mazda is 85$ an hr...ouch i know, but i think so far he's worth it.

Mr. Mazda
901 Camden ave
Campbell CA 95008
408-370-2328

I wouldnt type that out if i didnt think so.

Dan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dan-

Ok two things. 1... I live in the north bay and have no car, so you'd have to drive to my shop here... Unless I get a hold of Wes (Turtlespeed) and get his KL engine asap.... But 2.. I have a great shop, lots of tools and can definitely do the work you need done, assuming you find the parts, at a fraction of the cost..

If you want to bring it to Mr Mazda, cool.. He's very good and other than myself and one local little mom and pop shop up here in Vallejo, he's the only one that would work on my car. I've seen some awesome cars there before and I know he's worked on some BAPOC cars... Very good guy...

Let me know.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts